This article includes inline citations, but they are not properly formatted. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Products||The Daily Skimm|
|Members||Over 4 million|
The Skimm (styled theSkimm) is an American media company, founded in 2012 by Danielle Weisberg and Carly Zakin, providing a subscription-only newsletter. The newsletter is a digest of news stories intended to be simple and easy to read.
The Skimm was started in 2012, when founders Weisberg and Zakin left their jobs as producers at NBC.
In June 2016, theSkimm raised $8 million in Series B funding to move into video with the launch of Skimm Studios. The round was led by 21st Century Fox and included early backers RRE Ventures, Homebrew and Greycroft Partners.
In October 2018, The Skimm announced that they have over 7 million subscribers.
Products and Services
The Daily Skimm is the company's daily email newsletter. It focuses on a short, simple, and easy-to-read version of the news, and is marketed to urban women aged 22–34. As of November 2016, the newsletter has over 4 million subscribers.
- "Roommates Carly Zakin And Danielle Weisberg Quit Jobs At NBC To Help You Skim News Every Morning". Business Insider. Retrieved March 22, 2016.
- "Fox Will Fund TheSkimm's Move Into Video With $8 Million Round". Bloomberg.com. 2016-06-01. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "2016 Election Candidates". theSkimm. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- Landsbaum, Claire. "This Start-up Registered a Mind-Blowing 95,000 Women to Vote". The Cut. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- "TheSkimm is raising $12 million from Google Ventures and other investors to build its subscription business". Recode. Retrieved 2018-03-16.
- "How The Skimm's passionate readership helped its newsletter grow to 1.5 million subscribers". Nieman Lab. Retrieved March 22, 2016.
- "How the Skimm Became a Must-Read for Millennials". November 2, 2016. Retrieved December 21, 2016 – via Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
- Ward, Maria. "Calling All Skimmers! TheSkimm Launches a New App for Your iPhone Calendar". Vogue. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- "TheSkimm's morning newsletter has 3.5 million readers, and now it wants to invade your calendar". Business Insider. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- Ha, Anthony. "theSkimm expands beyond newsletters with Skimm Ahead, a subscription calendar service". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-01-05.