|Written by||Declan O'Brien,
Kenneth M. Badish (story).
|Directed by||Allan A. Goldstein|
|Theme music composer||Claude Foisy|
|Producer(s)||Kenneth M. Badish|
|Running time||96 minutes|
Snakeman (often stylized as SnakeMan), also known as The Snake King, is a Sci Fi Pictures original film that premiered April 8, 2005 on the Sci Fi Channel. The fact that the film was released a year after Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid is widely noted in many criticisms.
Anthropologists deep in the Amazon uncover the remains of a man they come to determine was approximately 300 years old when he died. This leads to a second expedition to discover the reason behind his longevity, but there's a major problem in the form of an Amazonian tribe that guards the proverbial fountain of youth and the giant, multi-headed snake they worship.
The scientists, led by Dr. Susan Elters (Jayne Heitmeyer), local amazonians, and their guide, Matt Ford (Stephen Baldwin), work their way through the jungle losing half the crew on the way and discover the tribe known as the Snake People. Once they find the tribe, they are held hostage and the only way they can leave peacefully is if they bring their recently discovered remains.
The scientists are able to contact the head of the expedition who promises to bring the body back. When he and his soldiers show up without the body, they become enemies with the Snake People. They search for the fountain of youth, killing Snake People along the way. They find the fountain in a cave and the final battle between the scientists and the snake takes place. The entire team of soldiers are killed and the only people left alive are Dr. Susan Elters and Matt Ford, who find that they need to keep the secrets to eternal youth with the Snake People.
- Stephen Baldwin — Matt Ford
- Jayne Heitmeyer — Dr. Susan Elters
- Larry Day — Dr. Rick Gordon
- Gary Hudson — Dr. John Simon
- Ross McCall — Timothy
- Phil Miler — Dr. Richman (as Marcelo Gomes de Oliveira)
- Gideon Rosa — Dahar
- Caco Monteiro — Will Bahia (as Caludio de Carvalho Monteiro)
- Shelly Varod — Sil Santini
- Mike Zafra — Rush Fernandez
- Narcival Rubens — Tika
- Lucas Wilber Silva Laborda — Bada
- Charles Paraventi — Ronald
- Michael P. Flannigan — Jim (as Michael Flannigan)
- Sandro Lyrio — Edwardo
- Agnaldo Santos Lopez — Mase
- Caio Roderigo Chaves — Prospector
- "SnakeMan". Amazon.com. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "SnakeMan". Millenium Films. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- Sci Fi Channel's The Snake King site
- The Snake Man at the Internet Movie Database
- The Snake Man at AllMovie