The Unit (season 1)
|The Unit (season 1)|
Season 1 DVD box set
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Original release||March 7– May 16, 2006|
The first season of The Unit was originally broadcast between March 7, 2006 and May 16, 2006, it introduces the members of The Unit and their families. As the season progresses various plots and story arcs are explored, such as Tiffy Gerhardt's affair with Colonel Tom Ryan and Molly Blane's mission to find the army widow who conned her out of her savings. In the United States, the first season of The Unit averaged 15.5 million viewers and was the fourteenth most watched show during the 2005–2006 television season.
Cast and characters
- Dennis Haysbert as Sergeant Major Jonas Blane, aka Snake Doctor
- Regina Taylor as Molly Blane
- Robert Patrick as Colonel Thomas Ryan, aka Dog Patch
- Audrey Marie Anderson as Kim Brown
- Max Martini as Master Sergeant Mack Gerhardt, aka Dirt Diver
- Abby Brammell as Tiffy Gerhardt
- Michael Irby as Sergeant First Class Charles Grey, aka Betty Blue
- Demore Barnes as Sergeant First Class Hector Williams, aka Hammerhead
- Scott Foley as Staff Sergeant Bob Brown, aka Cool Breeze
- Alyssa Shafer as Serena Brown
- Michael O'Neill as Ron Cheals
- Christina Gianaris as Mandy
- Danielle Hanratty as Lissy Gerhardt
- Kavita Patil as Sergeant Kayla Medawar
- Sammi Hanratty as Jenny Gerhardt
- Gale Morgan Harold III as Rory
- Karl Makinen as Coots
- Mary B. McCann as Ruth Cheals
|No.||#||Title||Directed by||Written by||U.S. viewers
|Original air date||Production
|1||1||"First Responders"||Davis Guggenheim||David Mamet||18.50||10||March 7, 2006||1ALF79|
|The Unit's newest member, Bob Brown, quickly learns the ropes from the team after terrorists hijack a business jet in Idaho. On base, Bob's wife adjusts to the shock of learning that her husband is part of the team trying to rescue the airline hostages.|
|2||2||"Stress"||Guy Ferland||David Mamet||18.07||5||March 14, 2006||1ALF01|
|The team, except for Bob, is deployed to Africa to retrieve a radiological component of a crashed Chinese satellite. On base, Bob must deal with his family, who are still settling in, and interrogation from an FBI agent. Meanwhile, the wives comfort the wife of a soldier who was killed in action.|
|3||3||"200th Hour"||Steve Gomer||Sharon Lee Watson & Carol Flint||15.50||10||March 21, 2006||1ALF04|
|Jonas is sent to rescue a group of missionaries in Indonesia, while Bob must prove to the team that he is up to the job, after making a mistake in training. On base, the wives prepare to host a visiting senator who holds the power to increase financing for the Unit's military training.|
|4||4||"True Believers"||Oz Scott||Shawn Ryan & Eric L. Haney||16.08||13||March 28, 2006||1ALF02|
|The team is sent to Los Angeles to protect Mexico's Drug Minister who has been threatened with assassination. The team is able to prevent an attempt the minister's life, but his wife and two young sons are kidnapped. On base, a former Unit wife returns to recruit their husbands into the private sector.|
|5||5||"Non-Permissive Environment"||Ron Lagomarsino||Lynn Mamet & Paul Redford||15.44||10||April 4, 2006||1ALF03|
|The team is forced to escape Spain when their mission to assassinate a terrorist is called off by the government. On base, Molly learns that her daughter, Betsy, wants to drop out of college. Kim considers signing up for courses at the local college.|
|6||6||"Security"||David Mamet||David Mamet||14.12||12||April 11, 2006||1ALF06|
|The team is sent to Beirut to prevent the Russians from selling nuclear information to the Iranians. On base, Colonel Tom Ryan tries to end his affair with Tiffy, but she will not listen. Kim begins to ask Molly questions after she sees Tiffy enter a motel room.|
|7||7||"Dedication"||Helen Shaver||Paul Redford & Sharon Lee Watson||15.62||10||April 18, 2006||1ALF07|
|While on a mission in Afghanistan to assassinate a high-ranking member of the Taliban, the team attempts to rescue other Unit members when their helicopter experiences engine problems. On base, Molly confronts Ron Cheals about his addiction to painkillers and Kim tries to land a job at a radio station.|
|8||8||"SERE"||Steven DePaul||Lynn Mamet & Carol Flint||13.87||18||April 25, 2006||1ALF08|
|The team participates in a SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape) training drill in which they are treated as prisoners of war. The drill pushes them to their mental and physical limits when the doctor who runs SERE places their lives in danger. On base, Kim struggles with her faith in God, while Molly tries to help her find it again.|
|9||9||"Eating the Young"||J. Miller Tobin||Sterling Anderson||14.06||18||May 2, 2006||1ALF05|
|The team must recover seven stinger missiles from a Brazilian arms merchant, who uses children as guards, before he sells them to Islamic militants. On base, Kim causes trouble when she tries to bring about change in the family-readiness group and Hector's girlfriend discovers what his real job is in the Army.|
|10||10||"Unannounced"||Bill L. Norton||Paul Redford & Emily Halpern||14.18||18||May 9, 2006||1AFL09|
|Bob's cover is compromised while guarding the U.S. Secretary of State in Africa. On base, Molly is conned when she agrees to purchase a home from an army widow and Kim receives an unwelcome visit at the radio station from an admirer she spoke to on the phone.|
|11||11||"Exposure"||Guy Norman Bee||Sharon Lee Watson & Dan Hindmarch||12.33||26||May 9, 2006||1ALF10|
|During the Unit's annual "Day of the Dead" celebration, Jonas must deal with a young man who wants to know the truth about his father's death. Meanwhile, Molly tracks down the woman who conned her and Bob is faced with a dilemma when a Unit widow insists that he sleep with her.|
|12||12||"Morale, Welfare and Recreation"||Félix Enríquez Alcalá||Sterling Anderson & Paul Redford||14.04||14||May 16, 2006||1ALF11|
|The team is sent to Atlanta to defuse a bomb. Kim discovers that her vacation with Bob to Cancún, Mexico is actually cover for a mission. Bob asks for her help to catch a spy who is selling top-secret files to the Chinese government.|
|13||13||"The Wall"||David Mamet||Eric L. Haney & Lynn Mamet||13.08||22||May 16, 2006||1ALF12|
|The team is sent to assist French-led United Nations peace keeping forces in capturing a former Yugoslavian general for war crimes. On base, Jonas learns that Molly has lost their savings and Tiffy considers divorcing Mack after she reads a letter indicating that he has re-enlisted.|
- "Series". The Hollywood Reporter. May 26, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 03/06/06 through 03/12/06". ABC Medianet. March 14, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 03/13/06 through 03/19/06". ABC Medianet. March 21, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 03/20/06 through 03/26/06". ABC Medianet. March 28, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 03/27/06 through 04/02/06". ABC Medianet. April 4, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 04/03/06 through 04/09/06". ABC Medianet. April 11, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 04/10/06 through 04/16/06". ABC Medianet. April 18, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 04/17/06 through 04/23/06". ABC Medianet. April 25, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 04/24/06 through 04/30/06". ABC Medianet. May 2, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 05/01/06 through 05/07/06". ABC Medianet. May 9, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 05/08/06 through 05/14/06". ABC Medianet. May 16, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Weekly program rankings from 05/15/06 through 05/21/06". ABC Medianet. May 23, 2006. Retrieved February 14, 2010.