The Vintage Caravan
The Vintage Caravan
The Vintage Caravan at Wacken Open Air in 2014.
|Genres||Psychedelic rock, hard rock, blues rock, progressive rock, stoner rock|
|Labels||Sena, Nuclear Blast|
|Members||Óskar Logi Ágústsson|
Alexander Örn Númason
Stefán Ari Stefánsson
|Past members||Guðjón Reynisson|
The Vintage Caravan are a rock band from Álftanes, Iceland. The band was formed in 2006 by Óskar Logi Ágústsson and Guðjón Reynisson before bassist Alexander Örn Númason joined after the first studio album. There has been just one line-up change since the founding of the band when Stefán Ari Stefánsson replaced Guðjón Reynisson on drums in 2015. The band have released three studio albums.
In 2006, 12 year-old school friends Ágústsson (guitar and vocals) and Reynisson (drums) formed the band. Serious work only began in 2009 and within two years the band self-published their eponymous first album.
In early 2012, the band signed a deal with Icelandic record label Sena ahead of work for their second album. Alexander Örn Númason joined shortly after on bass. A second album Voyage was released in 2012 initially by Sena. The band signed to Nuclear Blast shortly after the release of Voyage. This led to a Expand Your Mind music video produced and released by the German record label. The short film shows the psychedelic 'trips' the three members experience. As of July 2015, the video reached 400,000 hits on YouTube becoming the most viewed online song by the band. Nuclear Blast re-released Voyage to a much wider audience.
In April 2015, the band announced on Facebook that drummer Guðjón Reynisson had left the band for personal reasons however still remained good friends with the remaining band members. In the same post, Stefán Ari was introduced to fans as the new drummer of the band. On the 15th May 2015, Arrival was released with Nuclear Blast as the band's third studio album. This was the first record since the recent line-up change.
In 2014 following a tour of Europe, the band moved from Reykjavík, Iceland to Sønderborg, Denmark. The band's new location is near to the border of Germany, where their record label Nuclear Blast is based.
According to Fred Thomas of AllMusic, the band complied within the genres of classic rock, proto (early) metal and progressive rock. Nuclear Blast however describe them as more psychedelic rock. The band themselves describes their style and sound as 'classic hard rock of the 60's and 70's with a powerful attitude and a modern twist'. The band's influences include Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Mastodon, Rush and Cream. The band explain that they love "hard hitting riff fueled music".
- Óskar Logi Ágústsson – lead vocals, electric guitar (2006–present)
- Alexander Örn Númason – bass guitar, backing vocals (2012–present)
- Stefán Ari Stefánsson – drums, percussion (2015–present)
- Guðjón Reynisson – drums, percussion (2006–2015)
- The Vintage Caravan (2011) (self-released)
- Voyage (2012) (Sena)
- Arrival (2015) (Nuclear Blast)
- Gateways (2018) (Nuclear Blast)
- "The Vintage Caravan Discography". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2015-07-30.
- "The Vintage Caravan – Free listening, videos, concerts, stats and pictures at". Last.fm. Retrieved 2015-07-30.
- "The Vintage Caravan at Hard Rock Hell 2014". YouTube. 2015-05-31. Retrieved 2015-07-30.
- "The Vintage Caravan: "We just love hard hitting riff fueled music"". The Rocktologist. Retrieved 2015-09-07.
- Fred Thomas. "The Vintage Caravan | Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2015-07-30.
- "The Vintage Caravan - About". Facebook. Retrieved 2015-07-30.