The Word Network
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Availability||National (broadcast, cable, satellite);|
|Owner||Adell Broadcasting Corporation|
|Kevin Adell (CEO)|
Ralph Lameti (CFO)
The Word Network, also known as The Word, is a religious broadcasting network. The Word is the largest African-American religious network in the world. It was founded in February 2000 by Kevin Adell who also owns 910 AM Superstation (a local urban-talk radio station) and WADL TV-38 (a television network serving the Detroit television market, and The Word Network. The network is headquartered in Southfield, Michigan. The network is also available as streaming content Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, YouTube Red, and via smartphone apps. The network is also available on cable and satellite in several countries, and on over-the-air television.
Following its launch, broadcast was extended to all major[which?] television cable platforms in the United States. The network then moved to satellite broadcast[which?]. The network claims that it reaches viewers in 200 countries.
In May 2012 the network completed a multimillion-dollar[quantify] expansion. that included new technology, production facilities with a television studio, editing suites, green rooms, conference room, a call center, and a fulfillment center. Facilities were also opened on the West Coast, in Orange, California.
Current over-the-air affiliates of the network are KVVV-LD Channel 15.1 in Houston, Texas, WADL Channel 38.5 in Mount Clemens, Michigan near Detroit, WBQP-CD Chantilly 12.3 in Pensacola, Florida, and WCTU-LD Channel 46.3 in Pensacola.
In 2019, the network faced boycott calls from African-American clergy after the network's white owner, Kevin Adell, shared a racially charged meme, in which Adell was depicted as a pimp surrounded by black pastors.
The Word Network provides religious programming shows and hosts that include Let the Healing Begin – Bishop Greg Davis, The Heather Lindsey Show – Heather Lindsey, The Shift – Dr. Taketa Williams, The Tim and Brelyn Show-Tim & Brelyn Bowman, The Empowerment Encounter-Dr. Jamal Bryant, The Gospel According to Dorinda-Dorinda Clark Cole, Man up-KD Bowe, Power to the People-Dr. Jamal Bryant, Rising Stars with Dorinda-Dorinda Clark Cole, The First Word and Rejoice in The Word-Bishop George Bloomer, Greg Davis Live-Bishop Greg Davis, Medina Pullings Live-Dr. Medina Pullings, The Breaking Room-Dr. Zina Pierre, Fresh Wind-Evangelist Sandra Riley, Prophetic Power-Prophetess Teresa Cox, The Threshing Floor-Dr. Juanita Bynum, Word Network Church- Lexi Allen, Dr. Mark Chironna-Dr. Mark Chironna, The Miraculous- Prophet Brian Carn, Spiritual Encounter-vangelist Neechy, Just for You-Evangelist Sandra Riley, Straight To the Point with Rev. W.J. Rideout, You're Season of Change with David Alexander Bullock, Coming Home with Gerald & Tammi & Friends-Gerald & Tammi Haddon, Your Time for Miracles with Bishop Clarence McClendon, Kingdom Come TV with Rev. Timothy Flemming, Sr., The Breaking Room with Dr. Zina Pierre, and The Millennial Meal-Que Morgan and Micah Davis.
In addition to its original programming, The Word Network also participates in religious conference and conventions that include the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World, Inc.-P.A.W., Full Gospel Conference, Church of God in Christ Holy Convocation, and “7 Last Words” hosted by Dr. Jamal Bryant.
- "The Word Network Breaks Ground On State-Of-The-Art Studio « CBS Detroit". Detroit.cbslocal.com. Retrieved 2013-05-27.
- "The Word Network". highbeam.com. 29 August 2005. Archived from the original on 18 October 2016.
- Roku. "Roku". Roku.
- "The Word Network APK Download - Free Lifestyle APP for Android - APKPure.com". APKPure.com.
- "The Word Network Moves Toward Mainstream". mediapost.com.
- "The Word Network". Truli.
- Herald, The Gospel (13 January 2017). "Christian Ministers Urge Congress To Save Religious 'The Word Network' on Comcast". gospelherald.com.
- "The Word Network « CBS Detroit". Detroit.cbslocal.com. Retrieved 2013-05-27.
- "The Word Network to Break Ground for New Studio". highbeam.com. 13 April 2011. Archived from the original on 9 April 2016.
- "The Word Network Acquires WFDF Detroit," RadioInsight.com, 18 November 2014
- "Adell's WFDF buy boosts reach, rates". crainsdetroit.com. 23 January 2015.
- "RabbitEars.Info". www.rabbitears.info.
- Warikoo, Niraj. "Detroit TV station owner under fire for meme sent to African American pastor", Detroit Free Press. October 15, 2019. Retrieved October 15, 2019.
- Blair, Leonardo. "Black clergy call for boycott of Word Network after white owner is accused of racial insensitivity", The Christian Post. October 10, 2019. Retrieved October 15, 2019.
- "'Racist' Christian TV Station Slammed Over 'Pimp' And Black Clergy 'Hoes' Picture", NewsOne. October 10, 2019. Retrieved October 15, 2019.
- "The WORD Network Announces Bishop George Bloomer as New Host of "Rejoice in the Word": Replaces Bishop Greg Davis - - uGospel.com". ugospel.com.
- "Prophetess Taketa Williams". experienceicc.org.
- "The Tim and Brelyn Bowman Show is Now On The Word Network!!! (video)". praisedc.com. 4 April 2017.
- "Set Your DVR's For KD BOWE's New Show Man Up! On The Word Network!". mypraiseatl.com. 28 March 2017.
- "Jamal Bryant Has A New Show Coming To The Word Network This Fall & It Looks Like His "Last Lady" Tweet Will Be Joining Him FirstLady B". firstladyb.com. 19 September 2016.
- "Dorinda Clark Cole Welcomes The Clark Sisters for First Word Network Show « GOSPELflava.com BLOG". blog.gospelflava.com.
- "Bishop George Bloomer Hosts Rejoice in the Word Tonight with Guests Half Mile Home". praiserichmond.com. 11 January 2013.
- "Bio". blacknews.com.
- "Evangelist Sandra Riley: I Know Who I Am: Called, Chosen, and Purposed! - PreachingWoman.com Online Community for Women In Ministry". www.preachingwoman.com.
- "The Word Network Has Partnered With Anointed Dr. Juanita Bynum!". theoldblackchurch.blogspot.com.
- "The Word Network Brings Back "The Lexi Show"". pathmegazine.com. 11 February 2015.
- "David Bullock presents special tribute Martin Luther King Day". michronicleonline.com. 14 January 2018.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2018-03-10. Retrieved 2018-03-09.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)