The Wreck of the Nancy Lee
"The Wreck of the Nancy Lee" (1931) is a comic song, words and music by Arthur Le Clerq. Sheet music published in London in 1932 billed it as "He Played his Ukulele as the Ship Went Down: a comedy foxtrot". It has been recorded by Clinton Ford, and by Leslie Sarony.
The chorus is as follows:
- 'All the crew was in despair,
- Some rushed here and some rushed there,
- But the Captain sat in the Captain's chair,
- And he played his ukulele as the ship went down.'
- "He Played His Ukelele as the Ship Went Down - Clinton Ford | Song Info". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Leslie Sarony Discography". Discogs.com. 1985-02-12. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
|This 1930s song article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|