(Redirected from The rock)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up the Rock or The Rock in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The Rock or The Rocks may refer to:
- 1 Places
- 2 People nicknamed "The Rock"
- 3 Arts, entertainment, and media
- 4 Buildings
- 5 Sports
- 6 Other uses
- 7 See also
- The Rock (Michigan State University), a boulder on the campus of Michigan State University
- The Rock (Northwestern University), a landmark at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois
- The Rock, Georgia, an unincorporated community
- The Rock, or Alcatraz Island, small island in San Francisco Bay, California, United States
- The Rocks, or McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania, a borough
- Ayers Kaserne, a closed U.S. Army Cold War military post in Kirch-Göns, Germany
- Bermuda, often referred to by islanders as The Rock.
- Gibraltar, often referred to as The Rock, from The Rock of Gibraltar
- Corregidor, an island in the Philippines
- Monaco-Ville, the old town of Monaco and one of its administrative divisions, known locally as Le Rocher (The Rock)
- Niue, an island in the South Pacific, near Tonga, commonly referred to as "The Rock (of Polynesia)"
People nicknamed "The Rock"
- Dwayne Johnson (born 1972), American actor, producer, semi-retired wrestler
- Ole Anderson (born 1942)
- Don Muraco (born 1949)
- Pedro Rizzo (born 1974), Brazilian martial artist
- Michael Rock (swimmer), (born 1987), British swimmer
- Asi Taulava (born 1973), Filipino-Tongan basketball player
- Larry "The Rock" Zeidel (1928–2014), Canadian ice hockey player
Arts, entertainment, and media
- The Rock (John Entwistle album), 1996
- The Rock (Tracy Lawrence album), 2009
- The Rock (The Frankie Miller Band album), 1975
- "The Rock", by Atomic Rooster from In Hearing of Atomic Rooster
- "The Rock", by Delakota from One Love
- "The Rock", an instrumental by the Who from Quadrophenia
Other uses in music
Other uses in arts, entertainment, and media
- The Rock (film), 1996 film starring Sean Connery and Nicolas Cage, directed by Michael Bay
- The Rock (play), a play by T. S. Eliot
- The Rock (radio station), a New Zealand rock music radio network
- "The Rock", episode of the sitcom The King of Queens
- The Rock (stadium), a football ground in Rhosymedre, Wales and home to Cefn Druids A.F.C.
- Kidd Brewer Stadium, or "The Rock", at Appalachian State University
- Knute Rockne Memorial athletic facility, or "The Rock', on the University of Notre Dame
- Memorial Stadium (Indiana), or "The Rock", on the Indiana University campus
- Prudential Center, or "The Rock", in Newark, N.J.
- The Rock (building), a tower in Amsterdam
- "The Rock", Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary on island in San Francisco Bay
- "The Rock", or Rock N Roll McDonald's in Chicago
- "The Rock", Rockefeller Center in New York City
- The Rocks, Albany, residence in Albany, Western Australia
- The Rock (rugby team) or Atlantic Rock, a rugby union team based in St. John's, Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada
- "The Rock," nickname of the athletic teams of Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania
- The Rocks or Glasgow Rocks, a British basketball team
- Rockingham Speedway, a former NASCAR race track affectionately known as "The Rock"
- Toronto Rock, a Canadian indoor lacrosse team
- The Rock or Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad, a former Class I railroad in the United States
- The Rocks, Inc., U.S. military officers' organization
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title The Rock.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.