Theodore Roosevelt High School (San Antonio)
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Roosevelt High School|
|5110 Walzem Road
San Antonio, Texas 78218
|School type||Public, High School|
|Motto||"Qui Plantavit Curabit"|
|School district||North East ISD|
|Principal||Melvin C. Echard Sr.|
Red, White & Blue
|Newspaper||The Big Stick|
|Feeder schools||General Walter Krueger Middle School
Edward H. White Middle School
|Athletic conferences||5A Division I|
Theodore Roosevelt High School is a public high school in San Antonio, Texas (United States). The school is part of the North East Independent School District, which serves portions of San Antonio and the City of Windcrest. It first opened for classes in 1966, funded by a 1960 school district bond that also established Churchill High School and the Blossom Athletic Center.
Roosevelt is host to two magnet programs:
- Design and Technology Academy
- Engineering & Technologies Academy
Design and Technology Academy
The Design and Technology Academy (DATA), located on the campus of the school, has approximately 480 students from grades 9 to 12. It was opened in the fall semester of 1999 for the 1999-2000 school year (with its first graduating class in 2002, and first full-four year graduating class in 2003). DATA is a magnet school which specializes in engineering, architecture, web/graphic design, programming and multimedia.
The Roosevelt Rough Riders compete in these sports - 
- Cross Country
- Swimming and Diving
- Track and Field
||This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (October 2016)|
- Jeff Smisek, former President and CEO United Airlines
- William H. McRaven, retired Admiral and now Chancellor of the University of Texas System
- Scott Coolbaugh, Texas Rangers, San Diego Padres and St. Louis Cardinals player.
- Quintin Demps, Philadelphia Eagles, Houston Texans, and Kansas City Chiefs player
- "Zoning Map of the City of Windcrest." City of Windcrest. Retrieved on March 24, 2010.
- "Roosevelt High School" Map. North East Independent School District. Retrieved on March 24, 2010.
- "Blossom paved way for district's 50 years of athletic success". San Antonio Express News.
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program, Schools Recognized 1982-1983 Through 1999-2002 (PDF)
- "DATA Home". Neisd.net. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- The Athletics Department