Third Interchange Contour
|Third Interchange Contour|
(incl. 3 of Kakhovskaya Line)
|Line length||58.3 kilometres (36.2 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,520 mm (4 ft 11 27⁄32 in)|
The Third Interchange Contour (Russian: Третий пересадочный контур, Trety peresadochny kontur, IPA: [ˈtrʲetʲɪj pʲɪrʲɪˈsadətɕnɨj ˈkontʊr]) is a rapid transit line of Moscow Metro under construction. It is planned to be a second circle line running outside of the existing Koltsevaya (Ring) Line, with a branch to Moscow-City.
By December 2015, the following stations are planned to be opened:
- Nizhnyaya Maslovka (transfer to Savyolovskaya on the Serpukhovsko-Timiryazevskaya Line)
- Petrovsky Park (transfer to Dinamo on the Zamoskvoretskaya Line
- Khodynskoe Pole
- Khoroshovskaya (transfer to Polezhayevskaya on the Tagansko-Krasnopresnenskaya Line)
Additionally, the following sections of the Third Interchange Contour are planned to open in 2015, but are listed as separate projects:
- from Khoroshyovskaya to Delovoy Tsentr. Current metro maps show only one intermediate station along this stretch at Shelepikha. Previous plans that have since been canceled showed up to three stations along this section. There are no firm plans for continuing this part of the line past Delovoy Tsentr at the current time.
- Western section - from Khoroshyovskaya to Kuntsevskaya. This section will become a through section of the Third Interchange Contour.
Continuing the ring
In 2016, the Northeastern section is scheduled to be completed. This section includes the part of the line from Nizhnyaya Maslovka to Aviamotornaya. The Third Interchange Contour will run from Aviamotornaya to Nizhegorodskaya Ulitsa along the same routing as the Kozhukhovskaya Line, which is also scheduled to open in 2016.
By 2017, the Eastern section from Nizhegorodskaya Ulitsa to Kashirskaya is scheduled to be complete. This will connect the Third Interchange Contour to the present-day Kakhovskaya Line, the first part of the outer ring line to open in 1969.
Completing the ring
Current plans call for the rest of the Third Interchange Contour to be opened in November 2018. The remainder of the ring is split into two projects:
- Southwestern Section - from Kuntsevskaya to Prospekt Vernadskogo
- Southern Section - from Prospekt Vernadskogo to Kakhovskaya
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Third Interchange Contour.|
- Перспективы развития (in Russian). Moscow Metro. Retrieved 2014-11-24.
- 30 километров тоннелей Второго кольца метро будут двухпутными (in Russian). Moscow Complex of City Planning Policies and Construction. 2014-08-21. Retrieved 2014-11-24.
- В 2015 году протяженность столичной подземки увеличится на 6 станций (in Russian). The Integrated Body for Urban Design Policy and Development of Moscow. 2011-12-02. Retrieved 2011-10-22.