|Full name||Thomas Finchum|
December 1, 1989 |
|Height||185 cm (6 ft 1 in)|
|Event(s)||10m, 10m synchro|
|Club||National Training Center|
|Former partner(s)||David Boudia Drew Livingston|
Thomas Finchum (born December 1, 1989) is an American platform diver. He was a member of the 2008 U.S. Olympic team. Finchum announced his retirement in 2012. He is now a pursuing a country music career.
2008 Summer Olympics
At the 2011 U.S. National Championships, Finchum and Drew Livingston won the 10-meter synchronized men platform title. At the World Championships, he and Boudia were bronze medalists in 2007 and silver medalists in 2009.
On June 24, 2012, the day after he failed to qualify for the 2012 Summer Olympics, Finchum announced his retirement from competitive diving. He will move to Nashville, Tennessee, where he will attend Belmont University and pursue a country music career
- Olympic Diving Trials: IU's Cozad falls short, Finchum retires , Indystar.com, June 24, 2012
- Beth Harris, Livingston, Finchum win 10-meter synchro, Associated Press, August 12, 2011
- "National Diving Championships: Synchronized Men Platform Results". USA Diving. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- Tim Ball, Olympic diver turns to music career, ESPN.com (June 28, 2012). Retrieved on July 3, 2012.
- "Boudia, Krug earn Olympic diving berths". ESPN (The Associated Press). June 23, 2012. Retrieved July 7, 2012.