Mars in October 2018 in support of the "Ti Amo" tour
|Birth name||Thomas Pablo Croquet|
|Also known as||Gordon Tracks|
|Born||21 November 1976|
When Croquet was ten, he formed the band Phoenix with schoolfriends Chris Mazzalai and Deck d'Arcy. Mazzalai's older brother, Laurent Brancowitz, also joined the band after the break-up of Darlin'. Croquet says that he "destroyed every single other option that would lead me to any potential career other than music", attending college for only four days, studying economics.
Croquet is the frontman for the band Phoenix, that was founded in the early 1990s. The band eventually became a full-time profession for Mars following his dropping out of college. The band pressed their first 500 singles on their own label before being signed to Paris-based label, Source Records.
Croquet wrote and produced Phoenix's first charting single in France, "Too Young", which peaked at number 97. Eventually Phoenix's first studio album, United was released in 2000, shipping 150,000 units worldwide.
In 2011, Croquet married Sofia Coppola at Palazzo Margherita in Bernalda. The couple met whilst producing the soundtrack to one of Coppola's films. They have two daughters together, Romy and Cosima.
The German literary critic Hellmuth Karasek was his uncle.
Croquet currently lives in New York with his wife and two children. He travels to Paris every month and has a residence there since the rest of his band Phoenix live in France.
- "Interview: Phoenix singer Thomas Mars about family and touring plans". indiespect.ch (in German). Retrieved 2018-07-03.
- "Thomas Mars on Being Committed to Your Art". thecreativeindependent.com. Retrieved 2018-07-03.
- "Phoenix Biography - AOL Music". 2012-04-07. Archived from the original on 2012-04-07. Retrieved 2018-07-03.
- Hung, Steffen. "lescharts.com - Phoenix - Too Young". lescharts.com. Retrieved 2018-07-03.
- Inc, Nielsen Business Media (2004-04-24). Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc.
- Lamont, Tom. "Thomas Mars: soundtrack of my life". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- "Entertainment News, Celebrity News, Celebrity Gossip | E! News". E! Online. Retrieved 2018-07-03.
- Hammel, Sara. "Sofia Coppola, Thomas Mars Wed in Italy". People. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
|This article about a French musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|