|Studio album by Naked Raygun|
|Label||Homestead Records (original album)
Quarterstick Records (reissue)
|Producer||Gomez Addams, Iain Burgess|
|Naked Raygun chronology|
Throb Throb is an album by Chicago punk band Naked Raygun, released on Homestead Records in 1985. It was the first of the band's releases to feature the musicianship of John Haggerty whose guitar playing distinguished the band's sound during the 1980s. Quarterstick Records reissued the album in 1999, and added an early version of "Libido" as bonus material, which originally appeared on the Flammable Solid 7".
Naked Raygun had combined resources with other local bands, such as Big Black and The Effigies, to release records themselves under the name Ruthless Records. In 1983 put out the Basement Screams EP and then, after a change of personnel, recorded the LP Throb Throb. Three songs from the album ""Surf Combat", "Gear" and a shorter version of "Libido") saw release on Naked Raygun's first single, Flammible Solid (a tribute to Stiff Little Fingers' first album Inflammable Material) With their signing to Homestead Records, the release of the full LP was delayed into the following year.
Throb Throb's lyric sheet was done up to resemble a blueprint with white text on a blue background, and on some versions of the LP the lyrics even appeared backwards in the style of an actual blueprint. The LP remained in print through the 1980s and was mastered onto CD. When Quarterstick Records rereleased the band's material in 1999, Homestead's original distributor issued 400 final copies of the LP on green vinyl.
The cover was created by Chicago comic book artist Mike Saenz.
- "Rat Patrol" (Haggerty) – 2:13
- "Surf Combat" (Gonzalez) – 1:13
- "Gear" (Pezzati) – 2:47
- "Metastasis" (Gonzalez) – 2:24
- "Leeches" (Pezzati) – 3:17
- "Roller Queen" (Pezzati/Haggerty) – 3:07
- "On" (Gonzalez) - 0:28
- "I Don't Know" (Haggerty/Pezzati) - 3:30
- "Libido" (Colao) - 3:26
- "No Sex" (Pezzati) - 1:52
- "Only in America" (Durango/Colao) - 3:04
- "Stupid" (Durango) - 1:10
- "Managua" (Gonzalez) - 2:13
CD bonus track
- "Libido (short)" (Colao) – 2:20
- Jeff Pezzati - vocals
- Camilo Gonzalez - bass
- John Haggerty - guitar, saxophone
- Jim Colao - drums
- Kristin Haggerty - piano (track 9)
- Gendron, Bob. [Throb Throb at AllMusic "Throb Throb"].
- Righi, Len. "June 21, 1985". The Morning Call. Retrieved March 15, 2013.
- Andrews, Josh. "Big Black Interviews". MaximumRockNRoll. Retrieved December 22, 2012.
- "The many flavors of Naked Raygun – Throb Throb LP". Punk Vault. Retrieved December 22, 2012.
|This 1980s punk rock album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|