|Birth name||John Haggerty|
|Born||October 17, 1960|
|Genres||Punk rock, Pop punk|
|Associated acts||Naked Raygun, Pegboy, Stiff Little Fingers|
John Haggerty (born October 17, 1960, Chicago) is an influential Chicago guitarist. A key member of Naked Raygun during their heyday (1983–1989), Haggerty formed the band Pegboy, with brother Joe Haggerty on drums and Steve Saylors (bass) and Larry Damore (vocals) of the Bhopal Stiffs, upon leaving Naked Raygun.
The eldest son of a plumber father and a librarian mother, Haggerty first picked up the guitar at age 16. His early influences included Jimmy Page, Ritchie Blackmore, Michael Schenker and Brian Robertson. Upon discovering the Chicago punk scene at O'Banions, Haggerty quickly began searching for his place in punk rock. His biggest influences were the Buzzcocks, the Ramones, Stiff Little Fingers and the Jam.
John also plays in a band called the Nefarious Fat Cats which features an all star line up including himself and brother Joe, Jake Burns of Stiff Little Fingers, Herb Rosen of Beer Nuts and Rights of the Accused, Mark DeRosa of the band Dummy and Scott Lucas of Local H.
- Throb Throb (1983)
- All Rise (1986)
- Jettison (1988)
- Understand? (1989)
- Last Of The Demo Hicans (1997)
- John Haggerty credits at AllMusic
- Patterson, Spencer (2011-05-29). "Random Punk Rock Bowling thoughts from Saturday night". Las Vegas Weekly. Retrieved 2011-08-27.
- Gendron, Bob. Naked Raygun - Throb Throb at AllMusic. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- DaRonco, Mike. Naked Raygun - All Rise at AllMusic. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- Gendron, Bob. Naked Raygun - Jettison at AllMusic. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- Gendron, Bob. Naked Raygun - Understand? at AllMusic. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- Naked Raygun - Last Of The Demo Hicans at Discogs
- Foss, Richard. Pegboy - Strong Reaction at AllMusic. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- Gubbins, Teresa (February 6, 1998), Pegboy, The Dallas Morning News, retrieved February 10, 2013
- Kot, Greg (November 8, 1990), Made in Chicago Naked Raygun's 5th, Pegboy's 1st top the good stuff from local talent, Chicago Tribune, retrieved February 10, 2013
- Foss, Richard. Pegboy - Earwig at AllMusic. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- Rabid, Jack. Pegboy - Cha Cha Damore at AllMusic. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
|This article on a United States rock guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|