Thulsa Doom (band)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genres||Stoner rock, heavy metal, doom metal, hard rock|
|Labels||This Dark Reign
Ole Petter Andreassen
|Past members||Jacob Krogvold|
Thulsa Doom is a Norwegian stoner rock band. It takes its name from the Robert E. Howard character. The band was formed in 1999 by guitarist Ole Petter Andreassen (also a member of The Cumshots and Black Debbath), under the stage name El Doom. He was joined by his Black Debbath colleague, bass player Egil Hegerberg, using the name Angelov Doom, as well as singer Papa Doom, guitarist Doom Perignon and drummer Fast Winston Doom.
The band's music is somewhat similar to stoner rock legends Kyuss and early Black Sabbath. The band's debut release She Fucks Me was released in 2000. The five-track EP has a picture of Bill Clinton on the cover. Thulsa Doom have since released three full-length albums. One of their trademarks is very long and strange album titles.
Singer Papa Doom left the band in 2003, and guitarist Doom Perignon is now the band's singer. The band's latest album Keyboard, Oh Lord! Why Don't We? is a bit less heavy and more melodic than the previous albums. Their cover version of Beach Boys' "Tears in the Morning" was a minor TV hit in Norway in the summer of 2005 with a video directed by Jarle Medhus.
- Doom Perignon (Henning Solvang) – guitar, lead vocals since 2003
- El Doom (Ole Petter Andreassen) – guitar,vocals
- Angelov Doom (Egil Hegerberg) – bass, keyboards,vocals
- Fast Winston Doom (Halvor Winsnes) – drums
- Papa Doom (Jacob Krogvold) – lead vocals (1999–2003)
- The Seats are Soft But the Helmet Is Way Too Tight (2001)
- ...And Then Take You to a Place Where Jars are Kept (2003)
- Keyboard, Oh Lord! Why Don't We? (2005)
- She Fucks Me (EP) (2000)