From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Type of site
|Launched||14 February 1999|
It provides BBS, blog, microblog and photo album services.
Politicians have used Tianya Club to campaign, answer questions from constituents, and gather grassroots support.
Notable Memes derived from Tianya Club
- Tianya Club was the progenitor of the Hanxin hoax and was involved in the exposure of the 2007 Chinese slave scandal.Tianya Club is also famous for its social search, nicknamed the "human flesh search engine" (Renrou Sousuo, meaning "human flesh search" literally, extended to "by hand" or "not computer aided"). For example, during January 2008 of Edison Chen photo scandal, the Tianya Club users searched out and identified the woman involved, based on a silhouette in a newspaper.
- Xiao Yueyue: Viral Marketing campaign. In an effort to promote Tianya ahead of its IPO writer, Xu Jiayi a Novelist and fourth year University of Shanghai Drama student who volunteer at the 2010 Shanghai Expo concocted an elaborate scatological account of a "stupendous girl's" national day vacation adventure to the Expo.
- "Traffic Info on Tianya". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2010-04-15.
- County mayor solicits advice at popular online community, China Daily, 14 April 2006
- Lab poisoning mystery triggers debate, China Daily, 13 January 2006
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|