Type of site
|Launched||14 February 1999|
Tianya Club (mandarin: Tianya 天涯 "End of the World" Club) is one of the most popular Internet forums in China. As of 2015, it is ranked by Alexa as the 11th most visited site in the People's Republic of China and 60th overall. It was founded on 14 February 1999.
It provides BBS, blog, microblog and photo album services.
Politicians have used Tianya Club to campaign, answer questions from constituents, and gather grassroots support.
Notable Memes derived from Tianya Club
- Tianya Club was the progenitor of the Hanxin hoax and was involved in the exposure of the 2007 Chinese slave scandal.Tianya Club is also famous for its social search, nicknamed the "human flesh search engine" (Renrou Sousuo, meaning "human flesh search" literally, extended to "by hand" or "not computer aided"). For example, during January 2008 of Edison Chen photo scandal, the Tianya Club users searched out and identified the woman involved, based on a silhouette in a newspaper.
- Xiao Yueyue: Viral Marketing campaigns. In an effort to promote Tianya ahead of its IPO, writer Xu Jiayi (a Novelist and fourth year University of Shanghai Drama student who volunteered at the 2010 Shanghai Expo) concocted an elaborate scatological account of a "stupendous girl's" national day vacation adventure to the Expo.
- Cao, Lina; Tang, Xijin. "Prevailing Trends Detection of Public Opinions Based on Tianya Forum". Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning -- IDEAL 2013. Springer. p. 186. ISBN 9783642412783. Retrieved 27 October 2015.
- "Traffic Info on Tianya". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2015-10-18.
- County mayor solicits advice at popular online community, China Daily, 14 April 2006
- Lab poisoning mystery triggers debate, China Daily, 13 January 2006
|This article about an Internet forum is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|