|Origin||Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil|
|Genres||Folk metal, power metal, andean music|
Ricardo "Chileno" Durán
|Past members||Alexandre Tellini
Tierramystica is a Brazilian folk metal band from Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, founded in 2008. The band is noted for blending heavy/power metal with elements of andean music. As an opening act, they have performed with names such as Angra, Sepultura, Symphony X, Epica, Paul Di'Anno and Scorpions.
The band was formed in January 28, 2008 when guitarist Fabiano Muller and vocalist Ricardo "Chileno" Durán quit the band Toccata Magna and joined guitarist Alexandre Tellini for a new musical venture. The line up was later completed with bassist Rafael Martinelli, keyboardist Luciano Thumé, drummer Eduardo "Duca" Gomes and vocalist André Nascimento.
Their debut EP, named New Eldorado and containing the title-song and "Spiritual Song", sold a total of 100,000 copies. During the recording sessions of their first album, André left the band and was replaced by Gui Antonioli, who is also vocalist for the Brazilian progressive metal band Anaxes and guest sang with also Brazilian metal opera project SoulSpell.
In 2010, the band was one of the six finalists of the Brazilian leap of the Wacken Metal Battle, a contest of novice bands in which the winner of each country performs at the W.E.T. Stage of the Wacken Open Air. However, the winners and Brazilian representatives ended up being Pernambuco-based band Cangaço.
In 2015 and 2016, the band underwent several changes in its lineup. In September 2015, vocalist Gui Antonioli left the group and was temporarily replaced by Dan Rubin (ex-Magician, SoulSpell). In March 2016, he was hired as a full-time member. On 13 July 2016, they announced a great change in the lineup: longtime Alexandre Tellini, Rafael Martinelli, Luciano Thumé and Eduardo Gomes left and were replaced by guitarist Bruno Lacerda, bassist Gustavo Strapazon, and the already notorious Fábio Laguna on the keyboards (ex-Angra, Hangar) and Ricardo Confessori on the drums (ex-Angra, Shaman). They also announced that a new song would be released later in 2016 and that recordings for a new album should start in January 2017, with a still unknown release date.
- New Eldorado (2008)
- A New Legend, a New Journey (2012; live show/documentary)
- Dan Rubin — vocals (2015—2016 as a session musician; 2016—present full time)
- Ricardo "Chileno" Durán — vocal, ocarina, charango and acoustic guitar (2008—present)
- Bruno Lacerda — guitar (2016—present)
- Fabiano Muller — guitar, acoustic guitar and quena (2008—present)
- Gustavo Strapazon — bass (2016—present)
- Fábio Laguna — keyboards (2016—present)
- Ricardo Confessori — drums (2016—present)
- Ademar Farinha - wind instruments
- Alexandre Tellini — guitars, acoustic guitar and zampoña (2008—2016)
- Rafael Martinelli — bass, quena, zampoña and backing vocals (2008—2016)
- Luciano Thumé — keyboards (2008—2016)
- Eduardo "Duca" Gomes — drums (2008—2013; 2008—2016)
- Gui Antonioli — vocals and percussion (2009—2015)
- Rafael Dachary — drums (2013)
- André Nascimento — vocals (2008)
- Jesus Hernandes — charango, ocarinas, quenas and zampoñas (2008)
- "Holandeses do Epica investem no "crossover" em shows no Brasil". Guia da Folha (in Portuguese). Grupo Folha. 4 February 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- Waleria, Karen. "[Entrevista] - Fabiano do TierraMystica revela quais são as novidades para a banda em 2010.". Metal Clube (in Portuguese). Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- "Tierramystica abrirá shows do Scorpions no Brasil". Drop Music (in Portuguese). August 3, 2010. Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- Oliveira, Rafael (11 February 2008). "Fabiano Muller - Tierramystica". Metal Clube (in Portuguese). Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- Survive e Warbiff completam os finalistas do 'Wacken Metal Battle 2010' News at the official website of the Brazilian contest
- Steinmetz, Lucas (2 October 2015). "Tierramystica: motivos pelos quais vocalista deixou a banda". Heavy Talk. Retrieved 13 july 2016. Check date values in:
- "Comunicado sobre a entrada de Dan". Página oficial do Tierramystica no Facebook. Facebook. 4 March 2016. Retrieved 13 july 2016. Check date values in:
- Steinmetz, Lucas (13 July 2016). "Ricardo Confessori e Fábio Laguna entram para o Tierramystica". Heavy Talk (in Portuguese). Retrieved 13 July 2016.
|This article on a Brazilian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|