Tiger Eyes (film)
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Lawrence Blume|
|Written by||Judy Blume|
|Edited by||Jay Freund|
Tiger Eyes is a 2012 film directed by Lawrence Blume based on the 1981 young adult novel of the same name, written by Judy Blume, and stars Willa Holland, Kambiz Aghdasi, Amy Jo Johnson and Tatanka Means. It follows the story of Davey, a young girl attempting to cope with the sudden death of her father and the subsequent uprooting of her life.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (February 2014)
Forced by her grieving mother to move from her home in Atlantic City, New Jersey to the strange "atom bomb" town of Los Alamos, New Mexico, Davey no longer knows who to be or how to fit in. Everything that once mattered—the friends, reputations, parties and expectations that fuel high school days—suddenly seems insignificant and Davey is certain no one has the first clue about the turmoil she is going through.
But when she meets Wolf, a mysterious Native‐American climber exploring the surrounding canyons, she feels he is able to see right into her most wild and secret emotions. Their intense relationship brings Davey back from the edge as she finds the courage to embark on the first great adventure of her life.
- Willa Holland as Davey Wexler
- Amy Jo Johnson as Gwen Wexler
- Tatanka Means as Wolf
- Elise Eberle as Jane Albertson
- Cynthia Stevenson as Aunt Bitsy
- Forest Fyre as Walter
- Teo Olivares as Reuben
- Russell Means as Mr. Ortiz
Released on June 7, 2013 the film garnered generally good reviews with 19 of 29 graded positively by Rotten Tomatoes for a final score of 66%.
- Chaney, Jen (2010-10-19). "Celebritology 2.0 - Judy Blume's 'Tiger Eyes' heads to the big screen, prompting the question: Which of her other books should become a movie?". Voices.washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Judy Blume Novel Tiger Eyes to Become Movie". The Daily Beast. 2010-10-18. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Caldwell, Sarah. "Judy Blume's 'Tiger Eyes' movie | Inside Movies | EW.com". Insidemovies.ew.com. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Tiger Eyes Official Press Release
- Tiger Eyes at Rotten Tomatoes
- Official website
- Tiger Eyes on IMDb