Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery
|Founded||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States (2003)|
|Headquarters||Tempe, Arizona, United States|
Number of locations
|50 + (including soon to open locations)|
|United States and Canada|
|Ron Lynch, President|
|Products||Scottish food, Irish food, British food, American food, alcohol, beer|
|Services||Food and Beverage|
Number of employees
|Parent||Tilted Kilt Franchise Operating, LLC.|
Tilted Kilt Pub and Eatery is a Celtic-themed sports bar and franchise restaurant chain in the United States and Canada that employs scantily-clad female servers in short kilts (known as a "breastaurant"). The staff dresses in thematic attire; the men wear kilts and the women wear "mini-kilts" and plaid bras.
The first Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery was opened in the Las Vegas Rio Hotel and Casino in 2003 by restaurateur Mark DiMartino and business partners and co-founders Shannon Reilly and John Reynaud.[non-primary source needed] The concept was a "contemporary, Celtic theme sports bar, staffed with beautiful servers." It took one hour after the concept meeting for Harrah's to contact DiMartino and inquire about immediate development. As of January 2017, Tilted Kilt has 26 locations. Additional locations are more than likely in development based on February 2014 reports that Tilted Kilt had 93 locations and 27 likely to close.
Tilted Kilt sponsored Korbin Forrister's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series on October 1, 2015.
A Chicago-area development company was sued by Tilted Kilt who claims the company made inflated claims about the franchise agreement.
Tilted Kilt describes itself as "a modern American, Scottish and Irish sports pub". The menu is a mix of traditional and contemporary pub food, serving items such as fish and chips, "Olde Dublin Irish Stew", and "TK Irish Nachos". Each bar features at least 24 beers on tap, including flagship beverages such as Guinness and Harp Lager. The establishments are filled with televisions for sporting events and games such as billiards, shuffleboard, and darts are available for the patrons. The Kilt Girls wear bras, baring cleavage and midriffs.
- The hottest new trend in casual dining? The 'breastaurant' From Twin Peaks to the Tilted Kilt, sexed-up dining chains are popping up everywhere April 25, 2012
- Chinn, Derrik. "The Tilted Kilt". Union-Tribune Publishing Co. Archived from the original on February 12, 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-13.
- "Breaking News! Tilted Kilt Visited, Reviewers Live To Tell The Tale". Madison Dining. Retrieved 2009-02-14.
- "Tilted Kilt History". tiltedkiltfranchise.com. Archived from the original on 2008-03-30. Retrieved 2009-12-07.
- Bayer-Polak, Erika. "DiMartinos have restaurant business in their blood". viewnews.com. Retrieved 2009-02-14.
- Graf, Tony (November 8, 2012). "Tilted Kilt exec to appear on CBS show 'Undercover Boss'". Joliet Herald-News.
- Pockrass, Bob. "Todd Bodine: Germain Racing won't field truck at Martinsville without sponsor". Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- Tilted Kilt History
- "The Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery Announces Sponsorship With Korbin Forrister For NASCAR Camping World Truck Series". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- Trotter, Greg (2016-01-22). "Tilted Kilt 'completely out of control,' lawsuit says". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- "The Tilted Kilt". The Austin American-Statesman. Retrieved 2009-02-14.
- "Tilted Kilt Pub and Eatery". Scottsdale Arizona News. Retrieved 2009-02-14.
- "'Undercover Boss' Ron Lynch expects laughs from family". The Norman Transcript. November 9, 2012.