Titay, Zamboanga Sibugay
|Motto: the central Axis of Zampen|
Map of Zamboanga Sibugay with Titay highlighted
|Region||Zamboanga Peninsula (Region IX)|
|District||2nd District of Zamboanga Sibugay|
|Established||May 24, 1959|
|• Mayor||Mec D. Rillera|
|• Total||350.44 km2 (135.31 sq mi)|
|Elevation||100 m (300 ft)|
|• Density||130/km2 (340/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||2nd class|
It was declared as a separate municipality on May 24, 1959, by virtue of Executive Order No. 395.
- Dalangin Muslim
- Imelda (Upper Camanga)
- La Libertad
- New Canaan
- Poblacion (Titay)
- Poblacion Muslim
- San Antonio
- San Isidro
- Santa Fe
- Tugop Muslim
In 1933 Custodio P. Mariano Sr.the first Ilocano settler, discovered a small place in the center of the poblacion and registered the name of the place in honor of his favorite cousin back in Luzon who is Cristita Mariano nicknamed "Titay" knowing that a woman's name would bring good luck to the place. The Mariano families were among the first batch of Ilocanos who came from Luzon.Followed by the Dar families who are cousins of the Marianos.
|Population census of Titay|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 12 May 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Province: ZAMBOANGA SIBUGAY". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Executive Order No. 395: Creating the Municipalities of Tungawan and Titay in the Province of Zamboanga Del Sur". Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines. Presidential Communications Development and Strategic Planning Office. May 24, 1959. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- Official Website of the Municipality of Titay, Zamboanga Sibugay
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
||Kalawit, Zamboanga del Norte||Tampilisan, Zamboanga del Norte|
|This article about a Philippine location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|