|Alma mater||Harvard University and Columbia Law School|
|Occupation||founder and managing partner, Madrona Venture Group|
Tom A. Alberg (born January 1940) is an American lawyer and businessman, founder and managing partner of the venture capital firm Madrona Venture Group, and a director of Amazon.com since June 1996.
Tom Alberg is the son of Thomas A. Alberg and Miriam Twitchell Alberg. Tom Alberg was educated at Harvard University, where he received a BA in International Affairs in 1962. He then studied at Columbia Law School, where he received a JD degree.
Alberg was chair of the executive committee and a partner at Perkins Coie, a large Northwest law firm. Then he was president of LIN Broadcasting Corporation from 1991–95, and an Executive Vice President of AT&T Wireless Services from 1990–94, before founding Madrona Venture Group in 1995. He is a director of several companies backed by Madrona, including Impinj, ShopIgniter, SNUPI and Mercent.
In 2015, Alberg received the Lifetime Achievement Award at Seattle Business Magazine's Tech Impact Awards. His work with Madrona Venture Group and Amazon.com were noted.
Alberg is the founder and owner of Novelty Hill Winery with winemaker Mike Januik.
- "Tom Alberg". CrunchBase. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Officers & Directors". Amazon. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Tom Alberg". NNDB. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Tom Alberg". Forbes. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "The 2015 Tech Impact Awards: Lifetime Achievement Award | Seattle Business Magazine". Seattle Business Magazine. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- "One had the perfect property; the other the winemaking know-how. It's a winning combination". The Seattle Times. 2016-07-29. Retrieved 2018-12-04.