Tom Clougherty is a British academic who has been the Head of Tax at the Centre for Policy Studies since April 2018. He was previously the editorial director of the Center for Monetary and Financial Alternatives at the Cato Institute. He was also managing editor of the Cato Journal. Clougherty previously served as executive director of the Adam Smith Institute, a free-market think tank based in London. Clougherty holds a B.A. in law from the University of Cambridge.
Clougherty has also been research director at the Globalisation Institute, and is a senior fellow at The Cobden Centre, an Austrian economics think-tank.  Before joining Cato in February 2015, Clougherty was managing editor at Reason Foundation.
- "Tom Clougherty". cps.org.uk. Retrieved 2019-03-14.
- "Tom Clougherty". Alt-M. Retrieved 21 December 2017.
- "Annual earnings for first five months go in tax". The Daily Telegraph. Archived from the original on 2022-08-19.
- "Tom Clougherty – CNBC". Archived from the original on 2011-07-08.
- "Key people". Archived from the original on 2008-04-16.