Tom Meyer (Bible Memory Man)
This article may contain an excessive number of citations. (June 2020)
Thomas Mitchell Meyer
May 9, 1976
Elmhurst, Illinois, U.S.
|Education||Shasta Bible College and Graduate School|
Jerusalem University College
|Employer||Shasta Bible College and Graduate School|
Wordsower International Ministries
Tom Meyer (born May 9, 1976), known as The Bible Memory Man, is an American public speaker known for his ability to quote over 20 complete books of the Bible dramatically from memory. His book The Memorization Study Bible (2018) is published by Master Books and specifically facilitates the memorization of the Bible, a popular spiritual exercise for many Evangelical Christians.
Family and education
Meyer was born in Elmhurst, IL on Mother's Day, May 9, 1976, to Tom and Deborah (Whitehead) Meyer. He is the oldest of four children. From a young age, Meyer attended Grace Baptist Church of Lombard, IL. He became a Christian at that time. At the age of 26, Meyer decided to pursue higher education. He attended Shasta Bible College and Graduate School in Redding, CA to earn his B.A. in Bible and Theology (2002–2006). At this point, Meyer determined to pursue his Biblical Studies abroad. He moved to Jerusalem, Israel for four years (2006–2010), during which he became the only person in the Institute's history to earn two master's degrees (Geography & Archaeology of Israel and Middle Eastern Culture & Religion) from Jerusalem University College in Jerusalem, Israel.
Career and ministry
After graduating from Willowbrook High School in 1994, Meyer worked for his family's business, Meyer Paving in Maple Park, IL. At age 26, Meyer left IL for college in CA, and shortly thereafter began to memorize and perform portions of the Bible as a one-man, Shakespearean routine to present the most famous book in the world in a whole new way. Circa 2003, he met Jason Nightingale, the now deceased founder of Wordsower Ministries International. Intrigued by the two-fold work of stateside dramatic Bible recitations as sermons and overseas mercy ministry to orphans and widows, Meyer joined Nightingale's company and began quoting the entire book of Revelation from memory.
Meyer expanded to full-time public speaking in 2010, at which point he also began to teach at his alma mater, Shasta Bible College. He is an annual guest speaker at the Answers in Genesis Creation Museum and tours the USA each summer with his family to give his powerful presentations from coast to coast and inspire Christians to memorize Scripture. Most recently Meyer has gained distinction for speaking out against attempts to link Biblical prophecy to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- "Meyer, Gatlin to perform at Living Word Drama". Zanesville Times Recorder. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- "The Return of the Bible Memory Man". Community Newspaper Group. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- Gryboski, Michael. "Man Who Memorized 20 Books of Bible Reveals Tips in New Book, 'The Memorization Study Bible'". Christian Post. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- Torres, Hazel. "Bible memorisation secrets revealed: Man who can recite 20 books of Scripture shows his techniques in new book". Christian Today. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- Constable, Burt. "Looking for Revelation as the World Ends? This Guy Nails It". Daily Herald. Retrieved 30 March 2019.
- Houck, Chris. "Recitation of Revelation slated for Sunday". Faribault Daily. Retrieved 30 March 2019.
- Ham, Ken. "From Jerusalem—and Bethlehem—with Love". Answers In Genesis. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- Ham, Ken. "The Bible Memory Man". Answers in Genesis. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- Ham, Ken. "If Memory Serves . . ". Answers In Genesis. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "Man will recite book of Revelation from memory in Tukwila on Sunday". Tukwila Reporter. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "The Word made sound: Speaker recites whole books of the Bible". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- Grawey, Bob. "Bible Baptist hosts drama presentation of Bible". Hometown Source. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- Salter Rodriguez, Rosa. "Bible performer to recite Peter's letter". Journal Gazette. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "The return of the Bible Memory Man". Red Bluff Daily News. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- Gryboski, Michael. "Two Men Quote the Bible From Memory in 24 Hour Marathon to Raise Money for Nepal". Christian Post. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- Meyer, Melissa. "REMEMBERING JASON NIGHTINGALE OF WORDSOWER INTERNATIONAL". GARBC. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- Schapiro, Jeff. "'Wordsowers' Recite Entire Biblical Books From Memory". Christian Post. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- Hintgen, Tom. "Woodland speaker talks about the importance of Bible memorization". Fergus Falls Journal. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- Ham, Ken. "Celebrating a 20-Year Video Anniversary!". Answers In Genesis. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- Dalman, Dennis. "Man to recite Book of Revelations in Rice". The News Leaders. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "Course offered on memorizing the Bible". Red Bluff Daily News. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- Ham, Ken. "The Return of the Bible Memory Man". Answers In Genesis. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "Memory man recites holy text by heart". San Diego Union Tribune. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "'The Memory Man' Inspires Bible Memorization". Christian Broadcasting News. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- ""Bible Memory Man" to quote Christmas story from memory at Valley Bible in Shafter". Bakersfield. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- Parke, Caleb. "Here's why Christian scholars who study end times say this is not the end of the world". Fox News. Retrieved 20 March 2020.
- Kettley, Sebastian. "Coronavirus prophecy: Are we living in the end times? Bible expert says 'clock is ticking'". Express. Retrieved 20 March 2020.