Tomima L. Edmark
|Alma mater||Stephens College|
The University of Texas at Austin
|Occupation||Author and founder of HerRoom and HisRoom|
|Known for||Inventor of TopsyTail, Halo Hat and Bowrette|
Tomima Edmark (born 1957 in Seattle, Wash.) is an American entrepreneur, author, and inventor of TopsyTail, Halo Hat and Bowrette. She is the founder of HerRoom and HisRoom, an online lingerie and men's underwear retailer based in Dallas, Texas.
In 1998, Edmark began an e-commerce retail start-up The Andra Group, LP. She launched HerRoom on March 3, 2000 and the men’s site, HisRoom.com was launched two years later. After listening to her friends' complaints that they hated having to try on undergarments in department store fitting rooms, she wanted to let women buy bras that fit online.
In 2011, Edmark was awarded business method patent #8,078,498 for using back and side views as well as the front.
Edmark have been featured on television shows like Good Morning America, Dateline NBC, 20/20, The Oprah Winfrey Show and in business publications like Forbes Magazine, and The Wall Street Journal.
- Edmark, Tomima (1991). Kissing : everything you ever wanted to know. New York: Simon & Schuster. ISBN 978-0671708832.
- Edmark, Tomima (1993). 365 ways to kiss your love : a daily guide to creative kissing. Fort Worth, Tx.: Summit Group. ISBN 978-1565300286.
- Edmark, Tomima (1994). The TopsyTail book : the guide to dozens of easy-to-do, quick and fabulous hairstyles. New York: Warner Books. ISBN 9780446670616.
- Edmark, Tomima (1995). Cigar chic : a woman's perspective. Arlington, TX: Summit Publishing Group. ISBN 978-1565301931.
- Edmark, Tomima (1995). 365 ways to date your love : a daily guide to creative romance. Fort Worth, Tex.: Summit Pub. Group. ISBN 9781565301740.
- Edmark, Tomima (1996). The kissing book : everything you need to know. Arlington, Tex.: Summit Pub. Group. ISBN 978-1565302280.
- Edmark, Tomima (1996). 365 romantic gifts for your love : a daily guide to creative giving. Arlington, Tex.: Summit Pub. Group. ISBN 9781565302112.
- Edmark, Tomima (1997). 365 Ways to Date Your Love. Tapestry Press. p. 120. ISBN 978-1930819245.
- Edmark, Tomima (1997). 365 Romantic Gifts for Your Love: A Daily Guide to Creative Giving. Tapestry Press. ISBN 9781930819238.
- Edmark, Tomima (1997). The Kissing Book: Everything You Need to Know. Tapestry Press. p. 128. ISBN 9781930819269.
- Edmark, Tomima (2001). It's a girl thing : more than 300 qualities, quirks, & quibbles that uniquely define women. Nashville, TN: TowleHouse Pub. ISBN 9780966877465.
- Edmark, Tomima (2001). It's a guy thing : more than 300 tics, traits, and tendencies that uniquely define men. Nashville, Tenn.: TowleHouse Pub. ISBN 9780966877458
- Warren, Ellen. "Mother Of Inventions". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- "Hair-raising Success". Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Communications, Emmis. Hair-raising Experience. The Alcalde. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Portillo, Caroline McMillan. "The creator of the TopsyTail on life after overnight success — and why it's better to play the long game". The Business Journals. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Stringer, Kortney. "If at First You Do Succeed..." The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Haber, Holly. "The Topsy Tail Inventor Scores Again". D Magazine. Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- "There Is an Algorithm for Everything, Even Bras". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- Reily, Stephen. "Bras For Boomers -- And Other Lessons In Retail". Mediapost.com. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Online retailer HerRoom.com aims to make bra shopping better". Dallas Business Journal. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- "Finding the Best-Fitting Bra With Technology's Help". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- "Tomima Edmark, inventor of TopsyTail and founder of HerRoom.com and HisRoom.com". Entrepreneur.com. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- "Mary Green keeps low profile with lingerie company". SFGate.com. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- "Herroom Makes Lingerie Shopping Online Easy". WWD.com. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
- "The TopsyTail Inventor Scores Again". Dmagazine.com. Retrieved 3 March 2016.