He was first appointed to the Supreme Court in 2001, and served until June 2002, when he took up the position of Special Counsel to the Commissioner of Taxation until December 2003. He was appointed to the Supreme Court again in May 2007, and was the judge in charge of the Commercial Court. He completed secondary education at De La Salle College and completed tertiary education at Monash University graduation B.A., Dip.Ed., LL.B. In 1983, he obtained an LL.M. from Cambridge University. In 2001, he was awarded a Monash Distinguished Alumni Award. He is a Professorial Fellow at the University of Melbourne.
- Kerry O'Keeffe (2010-05-14). "Storm directors launch legal action". Abc.net.au. Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- "Storm papers should be available: judge". News.smh.com.au. 2010-06-09. Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- Victoria Department of Justice (2010-09-14). "Supreme Court of Victoria - Commercial Court". Supremecourt.vic.gov.au. Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- Monash University, Faculty of Medicine Web Team (2000-11-23). "Issue 9 Winter/Autumn 2002 Monash Magazine Monash University". Monash.edu.au. Retrieved 2010-09-27.
- "Tax Workshops 2009-10 - Centre for Tax Law". Ctl.law.cam.ac.uk. Retrieved 2010-09-27.