|Full name||Tor Thodesen|
|Date of birth||3 March 1966|
|Place of birth||Nøtterøy, Norway|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|1998–2000||Estonia & Flora Tallinn (Assistant Coach)|
|2000–2003||Brann (Assistant Coach)|
|2012–2014||Baniyas (Assistant Coach)|
Tor Thodesen (born 3 March 1966) is a Norwegian football coach who is currently the head coach of HIFK in Finland. In 2006, he was awarded the "Coach of the year" award by his colleagues, for his work in Sandefjord.
Thodesen began his coaching career as a goalkeeper coach in Lyn in 1990. In 1994, he started working for Vålerenga, where he worked to 1998. Between 1998 and 2002, he was Teitur Thordarson's assistant coach in Flora Tallinn, Estonia and Brann.
Thodesen coached Norheimsund and won promotion to the Second Division with the small club. In 2005, Thodesen took over Sandefjord, and led the club to its first promotion to Tippeligaen in his first season, after a very dramatical last round in the 2005 Norwegian First Division, where Moss were beaten 4-3. Though thought upon by most Norwegian football experts, as the weakest team in the 2006 Norwegian Premier League, Sandefjord managed to retain their spot in Tippeligaen with a 9th place, and qualified to the 2006 Norwegian Football Cup Final for the first time in the history of the club.
The following season, Sandefjord won 5 of 30 league matches and were relegated to the First Division. Thodesen got fired on 7 May 2008, the day after a humiliating loss to Notodden took Sandefjord to a 15th place in Adeccoligaen.
On 31 Oktober 2008, Thodesen signed for the Second Division club FK Tønsberg, and the goal was promotion to the First Division. After two years, he left FK Tønsberg stating that "the current economic situation in the club does not allow a full time coach".
- "Tor Thodesen är HIFK:s nya chefstränare" (in Swedish). HIFK.fi. 4 January 2019. Retrieved 4 January 2019.
- "Blir i Sandefjord" (in Norwegian). Aftenposten.no. 17 November 2006. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 23 February 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "-Vålerenga er favoritter" (in Norwegian). Vålerenga Fotball. 19 May 2010. Archived from the original on 30 September 2011. Retrieved 10 August 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Thodesen fikk én million i sluttpakke" (in Norwegian). Aftenposten.no. 7 May 2008. Archived from the original on 22 March 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Thodesen tar tre år i Tønsberg" (in Norwegian). Tønsbergs Blad. 31 October 2008. Archived from the original on 22 July 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "– Jeg så ingen mulighet til å fortsette i FKT" (in Norwegian). Tønsbergs Blad. 7 April 2011. Retrieved 10 August 2011.
- "Tor Thodesen tar over Moss" (in Norwegian). Moss FK. 16 November 2010. Retrieved 10 August 2011.