Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up transport in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Transport is the movement of people or goods from place to place.
Transport may also refer to:
- transport, used (especially in military contexts) to mean a vehicle to carry supplies or personnel, e.g. transport aircraft (disambiguation) or troopship
- Transport industry
- Penal transportation, also known as "sentence to transport"
Biology and medicine
- Transport of molecules or ions across cell membranes, including active transport and passive transport; see also secretion
- Transport of electrons in electron transport chains
- Transport of blood and other bodily fluids in the circulatory system
Geology and earth science
- Transport of products of erosion, e.g. by a river, prior to their deposition as a sedimentary rock
Physics and technology
- Transport phenomena, in physics, mechanisms by which particles or quantities move from one place to another
- Transport, in computer networking, the function of issuing and responding to service requests in transport layers and associated transport protocols
- Transport (recording), a device that handles a storage medium and extracts or records the information from and to it
- MPEG transport stream, a communications protocol for audio, video, and data
- Transport (SAP), a process of moving some or all the modifications from one SAP installation to another
- Transport layer, the fourth layer of the OSI model for networking
- Transport Canada, a department of the government of Canada
- Transport (typeface), a typeface used on British, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese road signs
- Transport (band), an Australian band from Brisbane
- Transport (album), a 2016 studio album by Borderland
- Tranceport, a DJ mix album series
- Pontiac Trans Sport, a minivan built by Pontiac
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Transport.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.