List of trapdoor spiders
(Redirected from Trapdoor spider (disambiguation))
Trapdoor spider is a common name that is sometimes used to refer to different spiders, or rather several different groups.
Several families that contain trapdoor spiders within the lineage Mygalomorphae:
- Actinopodidae, a family otherwise known as 'mouse-spiders', in South America and Australia
- Barychelidae, a family of 'brush-footed trapdoor spiders' with Pantropical distribution
- Ctenizidae, a family of 'cork-lid trapdoor spiders' in Tropical and subtropical regions
- Cyrtaucheniidae, a family of 'wafer-lid trapdoor spiders, with wide distribution except cooler regions.
- Euctenizidae, a family of spiders that make wafer-like or cork-like trapdoors
- Idiopidae, a family of 'spurred-trapdoor spiders' or 'armoured trapdoors' mostly in Southern Hemisphere
- Migidae, also known as 'ridge fanged trapdoor spiders' or 'tree trapdoor spiders', in the Southern Hemisphere
- Nemesiidae, a family of 'tube trapdoor spiders', with both tropical and temperate species worldwide
- Theraphosidae, a family of tarantulas (where just a few species make trapdoors), also with wide distribution
- Liphistiidae, an unusual and unique family of spiders with armoured abdomens from Southeast Asia, China and Japan
|This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).|