Troy Taylor (cricketer)
|Full name||Troy Taylor|
28 February 1984 |
|Bowling||Right-arm medium fast|
Source: Cricket Archive, 29 September 2007
Troy Taylor (born 28 February 1984 in the Cayman Islands) is a cricketer. A right-handed batsman and right-arm medium-fast bowler, he has played for the Cayman Islands national cricket team since 2005, having previously represented them at Under-19 level.
Taylor's first taste of international cricket came as part of the 2003 Americas Under-19 Championship in King City, Ontario, where he was the leading wicket-taker. He won the man of the match award after taking 7/12 against Bermuda, which was at the time a tournament record. Taylor made his senior debut in the repêchage tournament for the 2005 ICC Trophy, against Fiji.
He made his first-class debut in the 2005 ICC Intercontinental Cup, playing against Bermuda and Canada at the Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club. He next played for the Cayman Islands in the ICC Americas Championship in King City in August 2006, and hasn't played for them since, though he was in their squad for Division Three of the World Cricket League in Darwin, Australia in 2007.
- Cricinfo profile
- Cricket Archive profile
- Teams played for by Troy Taylor at Cricket Archive
- Other matches played by Troy Taylor at Cricket Archive
- Scorecard of Bermuda Under-19s v Cayman Islands Under-19s, 15 July 2003 at Cricket Archive
- First-class matches played by Troy Taylor at Cricket Archive
- 2007 ICC World Cricket League Division Three squads at CricketEurope