Bahlow (1982) derives the German surname Trump from a Bavarian word for "drum" (Middle High German trumpe). Trump is a contemporary German surname (comparatively rare, with 382 phone book entries as of 2016), with concentrations in the Cologne area, the Bad Dürkheim district (includes Kallstadt), Gifhorn district and the Schwäbisch Hall/Ansbach region.
Donald Trump's family
Donald Trump is the grandson of Friedrich Trump (later named Frederick) from Kallstadt, Germany. The German Verein für Computergenealogie traces the ancestry of Friedrich Trump to Johann Paul Trump (1727-1792) in Bobenheim am Berg in the German Palatinate. From there, Johannes Trump (1789-1835) moved to the nearby village of Kallstadt. His son Johannes Christian Trump (1829-1877) married Katharina Kober from Wachenheim, and their last child, Friedrich, emigrated to New York in 1885.
- Frederick Trump (1869–1918), German-born American businessman, father of Fred and John Trump
- Elizabeth Christ Trump (1880–1966), German-born American real estate developer, wife and later widow of Frederick Trump, mother of Fred and John Trump and founder of The Trump Organization
- Fred Trump (1905–1999), American real estate developer, son of Frederick and Elizabeth Trump, father of Donald Trump
- Mary Anne MacLeod Trump (1912-2000), Scottish-born wife of Fred Trump
- Maryanne Trump Barry (born 1937), Senior Judge of the United States Third Circuit Court of Appeals, daughter of Fred Trump and sister of Donald Trump.
- Donald Trump (born 1946), 45th President of the United States, American business magnate, investor, author, television personality, and politician, son of Fred Trump
- Ivana Trump (born 1949), Czech athlete and model, ex-wife of Donald Trump
- Marla Maples (born 1963), actress and television personality, ex-wife of Donald Trump
- Tiffany Trump (born 1993), heiress, singer, internet celebrity, and model, daughter of Donald and Marla Trump
- Melania Trump (born 1970), Slovenian-born model and businesswoman, wife of Donald Trump and First Lady of the United States
- Barron Trump (born 2006)
- John G. Trump (1907–1985), American high-voltage engineer and physicist, son of Frederick and Elizabeth Trump, uncle of Donald Trump
- Charles S. Trump (born 1960), West Virginia State Senator
- Georg Trump (1896–1985), German graphic, typeface, and postage stamp designer
- Harvey Trump (born 1968), English cricketer
- Judd Trump (born 1989), English snooker player
- Walter Trump, German mathematician
- William Trump (1923–2009), USCG hero and namesake of the USCGC William Trump
- David H. Trump (1931-2016), British archaeologist known for his work in the area of Maltese prehistory
- Kelly Trump (born August 27, 1970 as Nicole Heyka), German pornographic actress
- Bahlow: Deutsches Namenslexikon (1982). MHG trumpe, trumbe, trume could mean either "trumpet" or "drum". Lexer, Mittelhochdeutsches Handwörterbuch (1872-1878) records variants in d- (drumme, drume, drumpe) under the meaning "drum",
- Verein für Computergenealogie: Vorfahren von Friederich "Fritz" Trump.
- Hanks, Patrick (2003), "Trump", in Dictionary of American Family Names, Oxford, New York: Oxford University Press
|This page lists people with the surname Trump. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|