Tunapuna-Piarco Regional Corporation
|Country||Trinidad and Tobago|
|• Body||Tunapuna-Piarco Regional Corporation|
|• Chairman||Edwin Gooding|
|• Total||527.23 km2 (203.56 sq mi)|
|Population (2011 est.)|
|• Density||410/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||ECT (UTC-4)|
Tunapuna-Piarco Regional Corporation is a local government body in Trinidad and Tobago. It is one of nine Regional Corporations in Trinidad which replaced the system of Counties as local government bodies in 1992. It is the largest by population of all the Regional Corporations. It contains the eastern end of the densely populated East-West Corridor. The population is diverse.
The Tunapuna-Piarco Regional Corporation is headquartered in Tunapuna. Other towns include Arouca, Blanchisseuse, Curepe, St. Augustine, Trincity, and Piarco. The Borough of Arima is completely surrounded by the Tunapuna-Piarco Regional Corporation. Trinidad's main airport, Piarco International Airport, is located here.
- Bon Air/Arouca/Cane Farm
- Wallerfield/La Horquetta
- Five Rivers
- La Florissante/Lopinot
- Blanchisseuse/Santa Rosa
- Maracas/Santa Margarita
- Valsayn/St Joseph
- St Augustine South/Piarco/St Helena
- Kelly Village/Warrenville
Businesses in Tunapuna-Piarco Regional Corporation area
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Caribbean Airlines had its headquarters in Iere House, Piarco. Prior to the establishment of Caribbean Airlines, BWIA West Indies Airways was headquartered at Piarco International Airport in Piarco.
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- "Contact Us." Airports Authority of Trinidad and Tobago. Retrieved on 12 January 2011. "Airports Authority of Trinidad and Tobago Airports Administration Centre Piarco International Airport South Terminal Golden Grove Road, Piarco."
- "Contact Us > Caribbean." Caribbean Airlines. Retrieved on 13 September 2012. "Iere House Golden Grove Road Piarco Trinidad, West Indies"
- "World Airline Directory." Flight International. March 23, 1999. 66. Retrieved on September 30, 2009.
- Local Government Corporations, from Nalis, the National Library and Information Service of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Airports Authority Trinidad & Tobago AATT official website
|This Trinidad and Tobago location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|