The Twisters used in Breaking Bad to represent Los Pollos Hermanos
|Founded||Albuquerque, New Mexico, 1998|
|Headquarters||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
Number of locations
15 in New Mexico|
2 in Colorado
|New Mexico and Colorado|
|Gary Hines and Ray Ubieta|
|Products||New Mexican cuisine|
Twisters is known for their green chile cheeseburgers and burritos. They also serve other New Mexican staples like sopapillas, enchiladas, fried apple bites, tacos, french fries, rice, and beans.
They won Albuquerque The Magazine's "Best of the City" Best Burrito award four times in a row from 2010 to 2013.
In popular culture
The location at 4257 Isleta Boulevard SW in Albuquerque is best known for its appearance in the AMC dramas Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul as an outlet of Gus Fring's fast food chicken chain Los Pollos Hermanos.
- Gil Garduño (August 25, 2011). "Twisters Burgers & Burritos – Albuquerque, New Mexico". nmgastronome.com/. Gil’s Thrilling (And Filling) Blog. Retrieved August 16, 2014.
- Feldt, Mark (July 31, 2010). "New Mexico Twisters". culinaryarts360.com/. Culinary Arts 360 of Helium Inc. Retrieved August 16, 2014.
- Wohletz, Jenn (August 13, 2013). "Twisters is way too lean on the red and green -- at least in Aurora". http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/jenn_in_chains/. Jenn in Chains for the Cafe Society in the Denver Westword. Retrieved August 16, 2014. External link in
- Stump, Scott (March 15, 2013). "'Breaking Bad' fans flock to Albuquerque restaurant". today.com/. TODAY.com by NBC. Retrieved August 16, 2014.
- Zora O'Neill (April 24, 2012). Moon Santa Fe, Taos & Albuquerque. Avalon Travel Publishing. pp. 317–. ISBN 978-1-61238-263-0.