Oakland Athletics – No. 25
|Infielder / Outfielder|
March 7, 1988 |
Park Ridge, Illinois
|April 8, 2015 for the Oakland Athletics|
(through April 10, 2015)
|Runs batted in||2|
Ladendorf was originally drafted out of Maine West High School in Des Plaines, Illinois, by the New York Yankees in the 34th round of the 2006 Major League Baseball Draft, but did not sign. A year later, San Francisco Giants drafted Ladendorf, again in the 34th round, and he again did not sign, opting instead to return to Howard College for another season. He signed with the Minnesota Twins after the club drafted him in the second round, #60 overall, in the 2008 Major League Baseball Draft.
The 21-year-old infielder began the 2009 season with the Rookie-level Elizabethton Twins and batted .410 with four home runs and 17 runs batted in before earning a promotion to the class A Beloit Snappers. On July 31, 2009, he was traded to the Athletics for veteran shortstop Orlando Cabrera. He was batting .233 with four RBIs in 15 games with Beloit at the time of the trade.
The Athletics added Ladendorf to their 40-man roster on October 31, 2014. He made the Athletics' Opening Day roster. Ladendorf made his debut on April 8, 2015, and hit a triple in his first at bat.
- "Tyler Ladendorf Draft Report". Mlb.mlb.com. May 24, 2013. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Tyler Ladendorf Player Page". Web.minorleaguebaseball.com. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Twins add infield bat in shortstop Cabrera". Mlb.mlb.com. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "A's add Ladendorf to 40-man roster, claim OF Brown". CSN Bay Area. Retrieved April 12, 2015.
- "A's set Opening Day roster; Burns, Ladendorf make club". Oakland Athletics. Retrieved April 12, 2015.
- Marty Maciaszek. "Ladendorf gets his break, and makes the most of it". Daily Herald. Retrieved April 12, 2015.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or Baseball-Reference, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)