|Look up type in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Type may refer to:
Science and technology
- Typing, producing text via a keyboard, typewriter, etc.
- Data type, collection of values used for computations.
- File type
- TYPE (DOS command), a command to display contents of a file.
- Type (Unix), a command in POSIX shells that gives information about commands.
- Type safety, the extent to which a programming language discourages or prevents type errors.
- Type system, defines a programming language's response to data types.
- Type (model theory)
- Type theory, basis for the study of type systems
- Arity or type, the number of operands a function takes
- Type, any proposition or set in the intuitionistic type theory
- Type, of an entire function
- Type (biology), which fixes a scientific name to a taxon
- Dog type, categorization by use or function of domestic dogs
- Type (acting), a way of characterizing an actor by the sort of role they are well-suited for or fit into easily, or by their performance style
- Type & antitype, in Typology, in Christian theology and Biblical exegesis
- "Type" (song), a 1990 song by the band Living Colour
- Type (designation), a model numbering system used for vehicles or military equipment
- Type Museum, museum about the above
- Architectural type, classification of architecture by functional types (houses, institutions), morphological types or historical types Architectural style subcategories
- U.S. Navy type commands, senior commands for the specific "type" of weapon system (i.e., naval aviation, submarine warfare, surface warships) employed
- Type of Constans, a 648 edict issued by Byzantine Emperor Constans II
- Type (metaphysics), in philosophy
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Type.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.