Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up type in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Type may refer to:
Science and technology
- Typing, producing text via a keyboard, typewriter, etc.
- Data type, collection of values used for computations.
- File type
- TYPE (DOS command), a command to display contents of a file.
- Type (Unix), a command in POSIX shells that gives information about commands.
- Type safety, the extent to which a programming language discourages or prevents type errors.
- Type system, defines a programming language's response to data types.
- Type (model theory)
- Type theory, basis for the study of type systems
- Arity or type, the number of operands a function takes
- Type, any proposition or set in the intuitionistic type theory
- Type, of an entire function
- Type (biology), which fixes a scientific name to a taxon
- Dog type, categorization by use or function of domestic dogs
- Type is a design concept for lettering used in typography which helped bring about modern textual printing in the publishing industry
- Type can refer to a font style, e.g., "italic type"
- Movable type, in letterpress printing
- Sort (typesetting), in letterpress printing
- Typesetting, the composition of text by means of arranging types
- Typeface, the overall design of lettering used in a collection of related fonts
- Type design, the art and process of designing typefaces
- Type foundry, a company that designs or distributes typefaces
- Typewriter, a mechanical or electromechanical machine for writing characters similar to those produced by a printer's movable type
- Type (acting), a way of characterizing an actor by the sort of role they are well-suited for or fit into easily, or by their performance style
- Type & antitype, in Typology, in Christian theology and Biblical exegesis
- "Type" (song), a 1990 song by the band Living Colour
- Type (designation), a model numbering system used for vehicles or military equipment
- Type Museum, museum about the above
- Architectural type, classification of architecture by functional types (houses, institutions), morphological types or historical types Architectural style subcategories
- U.S. Navy type commands, senior commands for the specific "type" of weapon system (i.e., naval aviation, submarine warfare, surface warships) employed
- Type of Constans, a 648 edict issued by Byzantine Emperor Constans II
- Type (metaphysics), in philosophy
- Type-token distinction, in logic, linguistics, and computer programming