University of Wollongong Sydney Business School
The Sydney Business School’s Circular Quay Campus
|University of Wollongong|
|Dean||Professor Charles Areni|
|Postgraduates||1,200+ full-time and part-time|
|Location||Sydney and Wollongong, Australia|
The Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong, was established in 1997, builds on the traditional strength and reputation of the University of Wollongong (UOW). It is the graduate school of the Faculty of Business and offers high quality postgraduate business programs at the Sydney CBD Campus located at Circular Quay, and UOW’s Wollongong Campus.
Campuses and Facilities
Sydney CBD Campus
The Sydney CBD Campus of the Sydney Business School is located at Circular Quay in the Sydney CBD.
The Wollongong Campus is located at North Wollongong, the University of Wollongong's main campus.
Southern Sydney Campus
The South Western Sydney campus in Liverpool, opened in 2017, represents the long-term commitment to the region, allowing the Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong to deliver courses in the heart of Sydney.
The Sydney Business School at the University of Wollongong offers a range of postgraduate business courses delivered from Wollongong and Sydney that are internationally recognised for excellence in business and management education. Key programs on offer are:
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Executive Master of Business Administration
- Master of Applied Finance
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business
- Master of Science (Logistics/Supply Chain Management)
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Professional Accounting Advanced
The Sydney Business School also collaborates with the Australian Health Services Research Institute
The UOW Sydney Business School is affiliated with a range of professional associations representing management education institutions, these include:
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- The European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD)
- Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME)
- The Association of Asia-Pacific Business Schools (AAPBS)
Awards and Rankings
Globally Ranked EMBA and #3 MBA Program in Australia
The University of Wollongong Sydney Business School’s EMBA program was one of only two Australian programs ranked in Tier 1 of the Global EMBA rankings by the London-based CEO Magazine in its annual EMBA and MBA Rankings for 2016. CEO Magazine ranked the University of Wollongong Sydney Business School's MBA program No. 3 in Australia for 2016.
4-Star Business School
The QS ranking system for business schools, QS Stars, has ranked the Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong as a Four Star Institution in 2015, with 5 stars being awarded in the categories of Facilities, Internationalization and Diversity.
QS MBA Ranking 2016/2017
The University of Wollongong Sydney Business School's MBA was ranked as superior, being above the threshold level for both employability and research excellence.
QS Top 200 Business School
The Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong has been ranked 22nd in the Asia-Pacific region by QS in the 2014/2015 QS Global 200 Business Schools Report. Of the 12 Australian institutions featured in the list, the Sydney Business School placed 4th for employability and 7th overall. This is a good indicator of our reputation within the international market for graduates sought after by global employers.
3 Palmes – Excellent Business School
For the fourth year, the Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong has achieved a 3 Palmes of Excellence rank by Eduniversal in its 2016 business schools ranking.
Eduniversal 2017 Rankings
The University of Wollongong Sydney Business School's Masters degrees have received global and regional ranks in the Eduniversal 2017 Rankings.
- Brendan Lyon - Chief Executive of Infrastructure Partnerships Australia
- Dr. Stephen Martin - CEO, CEDA
- Dr. Stephen Andersen - Deputy Chancellor, University of Wollongong
- "Sydney Business School". University of Wollongong.
- "DataDirect - University of Wollongong, Sydney Business School". The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- "List of Members". The European Foundation for Management Development.
- "Signatories - details for Faculty of Business". Principles for Responsible Management Education.
- "List of Members". The Association of Asia-Pacific Business Schools.