University of Wollongong Sydney Business School
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Sydney Business School’s Circular Quay Campus
|Dean||Professor John Glynn|
|Students||1,200 full-time and part-time|
|Location||Sydney and Wollongong, Australia|
|Affiliations||University of Wollongong|
The Sydney Business School, abbreviated as SBS, was established in 1997 as an independent faculty of the University of Wollongong, and mainly located in Sydney CBD, New South Wales, Australia. The Faculty operates from two locations: the Innovation Campus in Wollongong, and the Gateway Building at 1 Macquarie Place the heart of Sydney on Circular Quay in Sydney.
The Sydney Business School was established as an independent faculty that builds on the traditional strength and reputation of the University of Wollongong. The Faculty offers a range of undergraduate, postgraduate, master and higher research degree programs, and also provides executive education programs.
Campuses and Facilities
The Sydney Campus of the Sydney Business School is located at Circular Quay in the Sydney CBD. This campus provides students with contemporary teaching, research and social spaces and an environment that encourages stronger bonds amongst peers, staff and students in the heart of the business district. The campus is equipped with the information technology for teaching and learning and has an equipped library which houses books, journals and publications and several computers which provide access to on-line resources.
Wollongong Innovation Campus
The Innovation Campus is located at North Wollongong, approximately 3 kilometres from the UOW main campus. The Campus is a centre for research and business, and the Sydney Business School building provides students with the information technology and a collegial environment for them to learn, research and study. This campus also has an equipped library which houses books, journals and publications and computers providing access to on-line resources.
Southern Sydney Campus
The Southern Sydney Campus constructed an infrastructure for students be able to access to a range of services and learning, and it is supported by access to information technology. The Campus brings University education to the local Sutherland Shire community. Students enrolled at Southern Sydney can take advantage of the opportunity to study with an internationally recognised institution without leaving their local area. At the Campus, students learn in a student-centred environment, making full use of small work group tutorials, seminars and classes as well as linking with others across the network of UOW students.
The Sydney Business School at the University of Wollongong offers postgraduate management education in a range of areas including corporate and executive education. Key programs on offer are:
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Executive Master of Business Education
- Master of Business Education
- Master of Science (Logistics)
- Master of International Business
- Master of Project Management
- Master of Business Coaching
- Master of Management
- Master of professional accounting advanced
The Sydney Business School also comprises research centres, these include:
- Australian Health Services Research Institute
- Strategic Supply Solutions
- Australian Institute of Business WellBeing
The Sydney Business School is affiliated with a range of professional associations representing management education institutions, these include:
- Global Business School Network (GBSN)
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- The European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD)
- Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME)
- The Association of Asia-Pacific Business Schools (AAPBS)
Awards and rankings
- QS Top 200 Business School - 13th top business school in the Asia Pacific region as ranked by QS in the 2011/2012 QS Global 200 Business School Report. Of the eleven Australian institutions featured in the list, the Sydney Business School placed third.
- 3 Palmes - rank with Eduniversal
- Four Star Rated MBA – with the Graduate Management Association of Australia (GMAA) in 2011.
- Australian Supply Chain and Logistics Award - The Sydney Business School was awarded the 2011 Australian Supply Chain and Logistics Award (ASCL) for Training Education and Development by the ACT and Southern NSW division of the Supply Chain & Logistics Association of Australia (SCLAA).The award citation notes Sydney Business School’s contribution not only to formal education and developmental programs relevant to the supply chain and logistics industry but also its ongoing commitment to support the industry via its Centre for Supply Chain Solutions Research and noteworthy partnerships and collaborations.
- The Supply Chain and Logistics Association of Australia (SCLAA) also named the Master of Science (Logistics) at UOW’s Sydney Business School, winner of the 2011 Australian Training, Education and Development Award.The award was presented to the institution that best demonstrated a significant achievement in aspects such as recruitment process, training, HR Systems, formal education and development programs which is both relevant to, and promotes, the supply chain and logistics Industry.
- Ranked in Top 5 in Australia - The University of Wollongong’s Sydney Business School’s Executive MBA (EMBA) has been ranked as one of the top five in the country in The Financial Review’s recent BOSS Ranking.
- Brendan Lyon - Chief Executive of Infrastructure Partnerships Australia
- Dr. Stephen Martin - CEO, CEDA
- Dr. Stephen Andersen - Deputy Chancellor, University of Wollongong
- "Sydney Business School". University of Wollongong.
- "Member Schools". Global Business School Network.
- "DataDirect - University of Wollongong, Sydney Business School". The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- "List of Members". The European Foundation for Management Development.
- "Signatories - details for Faculty of Business". Principles for Responsible Management Education.
- "List of Members". The Association of Asia-Pacific Business Schools.
- "Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong". Quacquarelli Symonds.
- "Asia MBA Ranking". Quacquarelli Symonds.
- Graduate Management Association of Australia
- "Sydney Business School snares top 5 EMBA spot". University of Wollongong.