U Don't Have to Call
|"U Don't Have to Call"|
|Single by Usher|
|from the album 8701|
|Released||January 12, 2002|
|Format||CD single, 12"|
|Genre||R&B, hip hop|
|Songwriter(s)||Pharrell Williams, Chad Hugo|
|Usher singles chronology|
"U Don't Have to Call" is a 2002 song by American R&B/pop singer Usher. It was written by Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo a.k.a. The Neptunes for Usher's third studio album 8701 (2001). The track features background vocals by fellow R&B artist Kelis. The track was originally intended for Michael Jackson.
The song was the third US single from the album and the fifth international single, peaking at number three on the US Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. Internationally, it was released as part of a double A-side with his collaboration with P. Diddy on "I Need a Girl (Part One)". The single reached number 4 in the UK Singles Chart. "U Don't Have to Call" eventually won Usher his second consecutive Grammy Award for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance in 2003. The single's music video was filmed in Los Angeles at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel.
The official remix features rapper Ludacris.
- "I Need a Girl" (Part 1) (P. Diddy featuring Usher & Loon)
- "U Don't Have to Call" (Remix) (featuring Ludacris)
- "I Need a Girl" (Part 2) (P. Diddy featuring Ginuwine, Loon, Mario Winans & Tammy Ruggeri)
- "I Need a Girl" (Part 1)" (video)
- "U Don't Have to Call" (video)
|New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)||27|
|US Billboard Hot 100||3|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||2|
|US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)||14|
- "I Need a Girl (Part One)" / "U Don't Have to Call"
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||4|
- "Lescharts.com – Usher – U Don't Have to Call" (in French). Les classement single.
- "Charts.org.nz – Usher – U Don't Have to Call". Top 40 Singles.
- "Usher Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Usher Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard.
- "Usher Chart History (Pop Songs)". Billboard.
- "Chart Log UK: Rodney P. - The Pussycat Dolls". zobbel.de.
|This 2000s R&B/soul music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|