Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up umbra in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Umbra is the Latin word for shadow
- in mythology, it refers to the "shades" of the dead, see shade (mythology)
- in astronomy, umbra refers to the shadow cast by a celestial body.
As a proper name, Umbra may refer to:
- Umbra (genus), A genus of freshwater fishes of the family Umbridae
- Umbra (typeface), an American typeface designed by R. Hunter Middleton
- Umbra (company), a Toronto-based designer and manufacturer of houseware
- Umbra, the circular dark region of a sunspot that is surrounded by the semi-bright penumbra
- Umbra (comics), a member of the Legion of Super-Heroes
- Umbra (World of Darkness), realms within the role-playing game World of Darkness
- Umbra Software, a video game middleware company
- A member of the Order of Mata Nui (Umbra) in the LEGO Bionicle storyline
- The primary antagonist in the animated series, Mighty Orbots
- Umbra Witches, Order of Witches in the video game Bayonetta
- Umbra, a sphere-like creature in Warhammer 40,000
- Umbra poets, a collective of young Black writers, formed in Manhattan's East Side in 1962; publishers of Umbra Magazine
- Umbra, a sword and multiple characters in The Elder Scrolls series of role-playing games
- Queen Umbra is the main antagonist in Child of Light
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Umbra.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.