Central American Technological University
Universidad Tecnológica Centroamericana
|President||Marlon Brevé Reyes|
The Central American Technological University (Spanish: Universidad Tecnológica Centroamericana) (UNITEC) is a private coeducational institution with campuses in the three main cities of Honduras: Tegucigalpa, San Pedro Sula and La Ceiba.
UNITEC (Central American Technological University) is a higher education private institution founded in 1987 by a group of Honduras businessmen and professors of Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras (UNAH), including William Chong Wong, who had envisioned the creation of an institute that had its main focus the teaching of the sciences to its students without compromising their knowledge of the humanities.
It has been rated as the most prestigious private university in Honduras (Unimer Research International, amongst other independent firms), and throughout its history has demonstrated important leadership in the country, based on academic excellence, high technology, and promoting entrepreneurship; supported by strong internationalization programs for its students and faculty. This makes UNITEC one of the most recognized educational institutions in Central America also, thanks to its innovative educational model (SENECA, Laspau-Harvard), for its interest in contributing to national extension of society, and leading the development of various projects that have contributed to the development of marginalized populations in Honduras.
This university also provides a choice of higher education to working adults through CEUTEC (Centre for Technological Development), which began operations in 2005.
On that same year UNITEC became a member of Laureate International Universities, the world’s most important private university network, with 55 universities in 25 countries in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia.
Currently, UNITEC has five different campuses distributed in five major cities in Honduras, three in Tegucigalpa, one in San Pedro Sula and another in La Ceiba. It has over 17,000 university students nationwide.
Its academic programs are focused on the contribution of professionals in the areas of business and engineering, some of them unique in Honduras offering 20 undergraduate programs and 8 master's programs.
Agreements and relationships
Unitec has established agreements and close relationships with other universities and Institutions worldwide:
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Learning), Mexico
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (Mexico National Autonomous University), Mexico
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, (Madrid Politechnical University) Spain
- Escuela de Administración de Negocios para Graduados - ESAN- (School of Graduate Business Administration), Peru
- Centro de Investigación de Tecnología de Alimentos de la Universidad de Costa Rica (CITA-UCR) (National Research Center on Food Service of Costa Rica University), Costa Rica
- Escuela Superior de Economía y Administracion de Empresas (Graduate School of Economy and Business Administration), Argentina
- Universidad de Huelva (Huelva University), Spain
- Calvin College, Michigan, United States
- University of Miami, United States
- Louisiana State University, United States
- Instituto Tecnológico de Buenos Aires (Buenos Aires Institute of Technology), Argentina
- Rochester Institute of Technology, United States
- Universidad Central (Central University), Chile
- Universidad Diego Portales (Diego Portales University), Chile
- Universidad de Fortaleza (Fortaleza University), Brazil
- Universidad Torcuato di Tella (Torcuato di Tella University), Argentina
- Universidad del Salvador (University del Salvador), Argentina
- Universidad de Buenos Aires (Buenos Aires University), Argentina
- Universidad de Santiago de Chile (Santiago de Chile University), Chile
- Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (Valencia Politechnical University), Spain
- Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (Barcelona Autonomous University), Spain
- Universidad Antonio de Nebrija (Antonio de Nebrija University), Spain
- Universidad Católica del Norte (Catholic University of the North), Chile
- Universidad Mayor (Major University), Chile
- Instituto Nacional de Tecnología Industrial (Industrial Technology National Institute), Argentina
- IAE Universidad Austral, Argentina
- Normandy Business School, France
- Institute of Industrial Engineers, United States
- Tompkins Cortland Community College, United States
- National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Tamkang University, Taiwan
- Universidad de Caxias do Sul (Caxias do Sul University), Brazil
- Fundacao Universidade de Brasil (Foundation of Brazil Universities), Brazil
- Universidad de Cienfuegos Carlos Rafaél Rodríguez, Cuba
Since 2005 UNITEC Honduras is affiliated member of Laureate International Universities.
- Rivera, Leandro (2018-06-17). "Fallece uno de los implicados en el caso de corrupción "Caja de Pandora"". Once Noticias (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-07-08.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-03-16. Retrieved 2011-02-05.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-11-27. Retrieved 2011-02-05.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)