He later became a member of the Rashtriya Sabha (Upper House of Parliament). In 2004 he was named State Minister for Labour and Transport Management in the cabinet of Sher Bahadur Deuba, when the CPN(UML) joined that government. Pant was appointed as a Member of Parliament, when the interim legislature was formed in January 2007.
- Central Committee Members Archived February 25, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Election Commission of Nepal Archived October 12, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Headline News The Rising Nepal (Daily) Archived September 25, 2004, at the Wayback Machine.
- eKantipur.com - Nepal's No.1 News Portal Archived September 27, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- name list of mp Archived September 28, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.