My name is C. Scott Ananian, and I began editing articles on Wikipedia in 2005.
C. Scott Ananian is an employee of the Wikimedia Foundation, working on the Parsoid project (and formerly, OCG). He also dabbles with LanguageConverter, Real-time collaboration in VE, and with OOjs.
Previously, Dr. Ananian was a jack-of-all-trades for the One Laptop per Child Foundation. He received his PhD in computer science from MIT, and before joining OLPC was a local activist and organizer for copyright issues. He organized Free Sklyarov Boston in July 2001, and in 2004 and 2005 was the lead programmer for the Election Incident Reporting System, which collected real-time data on elections across the US. He's a kernel hacker, advocate of voter verifiable elections, and part-time khipu researcher. Now he tries to build robust and reliable systems to allow kids to discover, share, and learn.
Wikimedia Talks and Presentations
See also /Ideas, a sandbox for future talks which often links to detailed phab tickets.
A partial list of libraries I have created, significantly contributed to, or maintain:
- Parsoid, the "new" wikitext parser for Wikimedia projects
- MediaWiki, the core software behind almost all Wikimedia projects
- LangConv/wikimedia/langconv, a "new" language transliteration toolbox for MediaWiki
- The following libraries:
- wikimedia/zest-css, a fast extensible CSS selector engine for PHP
- wikimedia/remex-html, a fast HTML5 parser for PHP (originally written by Tim Starling)
- wikimedia/webidl, a WebIDL parser for PHP
- wikimedia/idle-dom, DOM interfaces generated from WebIDL
- wikimedia/dodo, a DOM implementation for PHP (originally written by Jason Linehan)
- wikimedia/bcp-47-code, a very small interface to facilitate the differentiation of BCP 47-compliant language code strings
- domino, a server-side DOM implementation
- libzim, bindings to zimlib to support Kiwix
- babybird, a very fast standards-compliant ES2015 Promises library
- prfun and pn, helper libraries for Promises
- php-embed and mediawiki-express, a research project into tighter MediaWiki integration with JavasScript
- wikipedia-telnet, an April Fool's joke that stuck around
- mw-ocg-service and a number of related libraries to support the Collection extension
- icu-bidi, bindings to the ICU Unicode BiDi algorithm
- Other playthings and research projects:
I work for or provide services to the Wikimedia Foundation (as of 2013), but this is my personal account. Edits, statements, or other contributions made from this account are my own, and may not reflect the views of the Foundation.
- WP:ORG: notability guidelines for organizations
- C. Scott Ananian's home page
- Wikimedia Foundation bio page; official foundation user account
- zh:Special:PrefixIndex/User:cscott/ (pages to test language converter)
- @cscott on Mastodon
|en||This user is a native speaker of the English language.|
|es-4||El nivel de este usuario corresponde al de un hablante casi nativo del español.|
|This user lives in or comes |