Independent Wikimedia Volunteer
I am an Academician, Content Developer, Interviewer, Wikimedia Blogger and Translator. Here's my central userpage . I am Administrator on Urdu Wikipedia and reviewer on Hindi Wikipedia. I was part of several outreach events. Also, I usually blog for Wikimedia Foundation showcasing different Wikimedia communities, leading Wikimedians and events.
I am a strong votary of the free knowledge movement and love to contribute in it although my personal efforts may seem but a drop in the pond. But as the pebble of our intentions creates ripples of goodness and love that spread across not only the pond but to the vast oceans beyond, so may peace one day prevail on Earth. (echoing a quote shared on an online forum.)
- Blogpost on the Interactions with Mexican People and their Culture during Wikimania 2015
- Importance of Assuming Good Faith
- Use of Social Media in Furthering Wikimedia Projects: A Case of Wikipedia in Hindi and Urdu
- Hindi Wikipedia - An Encyclopedia Bridging New Bonds of Friendship Across Borders
Interviews of Wikimedians published on UrduPoint Website
- Posthumous posting of the interview of Khalid Mahmood, Founder of Western Punjabi Wikipedia
- Interview of an Urdu Wikipedia Bureaucrat
Positions on WMF Projects
Some of the Positions I hold on various Wikimedia Foundation Projects are as follows:
|Wikimedia Foundation Project||Rights|
|Urdu Wikipedia||Sysop & Rollbacker|
|Hindi Wikipedia||Autopatrolled User, Reviewer, Rollbacker and Filemover|
|English Wikipedia||Account Creator|
|Commons||Autopatrolled User, Filemover and Rollbacker|
|Maithili Wikipedia Mailing List||Admin|
Hindi Wikipedia Tutorial
- Scripted and oversaw the recording of 10 video tutorial of Hindi Wikipedia.
Participation in Monuments of Spain Challenge
- Good to find my name on a Spanish blog as result of my participation in the editathon in 2014!!
Participation in May 2015 Translatewiki.net Translation Rally
I started the Hindi Wikipedia Editathon "Lilavati's Daughters" or "Indian Women Scientists" which later transformed into "Women Achievers of India" editathon. The project also had an impact on Punjabi Wikipedia.
My Interviews & Media Coverage
Interviewed about Hindi and Urdu Wikipedia(s)
- On advocating internet freedom, Muzammil writes: "Although I am all for it, I gave it a lower priority because of the political overtone and the fear that pushing it too much may jeopardize core Wikipedia objectives in some geographic locations."
- On forbidding paid editing, Muzammil writes: "we should stop paid editing for promotion or those edits which forward some agenda – ideological or political." James: "The WMF has forbidden non-disclosed paid editing. It should now help enforce this. Not all types of paid editing should be banned." He also points to the relevance of engineering to improve editor experience to attracting and retaining female editors and those in the global south.
From Signpost, May 13, 2015.
- [Celebrities’ Autographs] - Crushable reports (not quite) news that Wikipedia has started including celebrities' autographs in articles about them. In a related event, User:Hindustanilanguage uploaded ~300 autographs on Wikimedia Commons in mid-August.
From Year: 2011 Week: 38 Number: 128 BIS, an independent internal news bulletin for the members of the Wikimedia community.
...Syed Muzammiluddin has also mentioned other Turkish words in Urdu in his article (March 16, 2006).
From Influence of Turkish on Urdu, Dawn.
New World Encyclopedia
..."His chief contribution," says Muzammiluddin "was that his Government enhanced popular faith in democracy."
From Morarji Desai#Legacy, New World Encyclopedia.