|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
|User committed identity|
Links to sub-pages:
I am retired from the computer industry, which I entered long enough ago to remember mercury delay lines. I have worked in Australia and New Zealand as well as the UK, and now live in north-west England. I started editing seriously in late 2007, mostly in a Wikisloth-like manner, doing New Page Patrol and all the other things that arise out of that. If I have a favourite activity it is doing the research work to demolish hoax articles, which I believe damage Wikipedia seriously; I have linked above a subpage listing over 150 hoax articles I have caused to be deleted, and 19 which I have rescued from CAT:HOAX and rehabilitated. I have now been an administrator for nearly five years and, while there is seldom a dull moment, I regret having little time left for front-line New Page Patrol.
Quote of the month
- The Sons of Mary seldom bother, for they have inherited that good part;
- But the Sons of Martha favour their Mother of the careful soul and the troubled heart.
- And because she lost her temper once, and because she was rude to the Lord her Guest,
- Her Sons must wait upon Mary's Sons, world without end, reprieve, or rest.
- It is their care in all the ages to take the buffet and cushion the shock.
- It is their care that the gear engages; it is their care that the switches lock...