I'm interested in many different things; however, one of my stronger interests is in clothing and the history of Western costume, and I hope to contribute articles to the Wikipedia in these areas.
Not very exciting for you, but useful for me:
- Technical section of the Village pump
- Getting pictures into articles: Wikipedia:Extended image syntax and Wikipedia:Picture tutorial (because i can never remember exactly how).
The 'To Do' list
- Expand on Stays article
- Expand on Farthingale
- Have a think about a 'History' section for the Corset article, and about separate corset history articles (currently there's Corset (before 1500) and Corset (1500-1970), which redirects to Corset in fashion.)
- Edit List of corset periods (note that some articles in this list exist, some do not; some that do are not necessary or helpful). Could be very useful to have this list incorporated into a 'history' section in the corset article.
- Contribute to Victorian corset.
- Contribute to Straight fronted corset.
- Beef up Wasp waist article.
- Contribute to the Bustle article.
- Add costume meaning of 'panniers' to Pannier and create that page.
- Start a Hoop (costume) article, and possibly create a disambiguation page for that and Hula Hoop?
- Edit the Basque (clothing) article.
- Start a Corset cover article.
- Sort out the knickers/knickerbocker article.
- Contribute to the Petticoat article.
- Think about sorting out stockings, suspenders and garters. (They all could probably be a bit clearer and reference each other better.)
- Think about articles for Camisole, Drawers and Combinations (currently redirects to Combination, would have to put in a disclaimer/disambig thingy at the top).
- Start a corsetiere article; also put up corsetier as a redirect to that.
- Start an article on Cathie Jung (picture at media:Cathie Jung.jpg).
- Start an article on Ethel Granger.
- Get some detail on individual books into Rutshire Chronicles, and do brief summary of Pandora for the Jilly Cooper article.
- Start a Harlequin Enterprises Ltd article.
- Have proper think about the Mills & Boon article.
Pages about corsets
I have moved several of the articles about corsets to List of corset periods. See Wikipedia:Votes for deletion/List of corset periods.
Is that correctly?