|Released||March 26, 2009|
|Updated||May 10, 2015|
On any User's Contributions page, this script hides lines when that user has the top contribution for a page. Clicking again undoes the hiding.
If userHideAllSubsequent=true, all subsequent contributions are hidden too, more like watchlists.
Based on User:Ais523/hidetopcontrib.js
By a suggestion by User:Discospinster
Add the following to your common.js:
Optionally also add the following, if you want it (see above):
This will create a new tab (not a new field or checkbox in the body of the page).
The Vector skin places the "Show/hide top" 'tab' in a drop down on the right hand side of the top line next to "Search".
Of course, as for anyone who cannot see the tab, you may need to refresh your cache the first time(s) after you change a .js file.
These were used in the past or may be needed on other wikis:
Instead of importScript:
Italians can use my it version direct rather than using this version remotely:
In IE8, at least, new articles and redirects where the edit summary does not contain a link are not removed whenever they should be. Don't have time to debug it fully now, but presumably the b index is wrong in this case. Mark Hurd (talk) 01:56, 9 July 2010 (UTC) IE uses capital tag names (i.e. <ABBR ...> instead of <abbr ...>), so I just made all Regex case independent. Mark Hurd (talk) 14:35, 6 February 2012 (UTC) Currently it is removing some articles that are not the newest! At least it is for me in both Chrome and IE8. (For example, check my contributions and search for 2012 in Australia; note I am not the top contributor but it is removed.) Mark Hurd (talk) 01:06, 20 March 2012 (UTC) This was due to WP:AORC using <strong> for large changes. Mark Hurd (talk) 02:05, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
- Fixed where it is not hiding all (top)s, starting with redirects and continuing after any regex mismatch.
- Cater for new <span class="mw-uctop">
- Add userHideAllSubsequent user setting.
- Fix issue reported by Lenore.
- Use simplified regex that works on IE8.
- Cater for new pages.
- Cater better for new pages.
- Cater for Single-Revision Deletion, newly available to Admins
- Better page check.
- Cater for IE renderer.
- Cater for all skins.
- Cater for WP:AORC by removing support for top not using the mw-uctop class.
- Allow user configuration of link location and text.