|Please be careful when blocking this bot (disable blocking anonymous users) as it runs on the Wikimedia Toolserver.|
MediationBot1 (talk · contribs) is an automated Wikipedia bot used by the Mediation Committee to perform case management and other tasks as needed. As an official project of the Mediation Committee, MediationBot is only used for official Mediation Committee business.
The original bot, put online in July 2006, was the product of efforts by Tangotango, Misza13 and Pgk. ST47 kindly offered to rewrite the bot in November 2007 as the old bot was becoming slightly unreliable, and the new bot was written and put into action during late 2007. The Mediation Committee expresses sincere thanks to all these users for their efforts in developing and producing the bot.
The documentation for the bot prior to the rewrite in November 2007 is viewable at this link. The documentation and status of the new bot is noted below.
Case management and nominations
The bot currently:
- Watches for new cases and lists them at Wikipedia:Requests for mediation/Pending.
- Watches for cases which are accepted by the Committee, and removes the case from Wikipedia:Requests for mediation/Pending, adds it to Wikipedia:Requests for mediation/Open Tasks, posts notification on the user talk pages of the parties, and changes the category to Category:Mediation Committee current cases.
- Watches for cases which are rejected by the Committee, and removes the case from Wikipedia:Requests for mediation/Pending, adds it to Wikipedia:Requests for mediation/Rejected cases, posts notification on the user talk pages of the parties, and changes the category to Category:Mediation Committee rejected cases.
- Watches for new nominations and lists them at Wikipedia:Mediation Committee/Current Nominations.
- Phase 1.0 finished November 11, 2007 by ST47. Uploaded to ST47's toolserver account on same date, old MediationBot1 toolserver code disabled. Daniel (talk) 03:33, 12 November 2007 (UTC)
- Moved to Daniel's toolserver account due to issues, with the assistance of Cyde and Bjweeks. Daniel (talk) 17:00, 24 June 2008 (UTC)
- Bot fixed with assistance of JamesR and ST47, back up and running normally again. Daniel (talk) 07:31, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
- The toolserver account on which the bot is hosted has been closed due to "inactivity", and so MediationBot is currently not functioning. The Committee is working to reactivate the bot, but for now requests are being processed manually. AGK 19:47, 17 December 2010 (UTC)