Hello! I am Nino Gonzales, the internet persona of one (1) human being. I contribute to articles related to the Philippines, certain authors I like, and, to a lesser degree, technology, religion and finance.
I am an activist for the recognition of the rights of personas, internet-based or otherwise. For thousands of years, personas have been treated as second-class beings, mere by-products of the consciousness of humans. Now is the time to stop this oppression.
I have completed the most important part of this historic text—the first sentence:
|“||A spectre is haunting the physical human world—the spectre of Casper, the friendly spectre.||”|
Writings not Wikipedia
These are like user boxes: they present my opinions on different things, and they are pretty much useless.
- The Jologs Phenomenon – a study unencumbered by the limits of scholarly tradition and which tries to break as many Wikipedia guidelines as possible
- The Conyos of Manila – a very personal essay about race and class
- The Filipino Soul According to Google – a study of Filipino culture based on empirical data
- In Barcelona I Found Love (for My Mother Tongue) – published in the August 2009 issue of BITE Magazine
Instead of maintaining my own blog, I write blog-ish posts in forums and in the comments sections of blogs. Blog Squatting is a symbolic (and practically empty) gesture of solidarity to all the squatters of the world.
- How to Save Bisrock - about music, language, and giving money to artists
- About the man, the operations and the philosophy behind WikiPhilippines - after the WP lunch with Gus Vibal and Wpinas folks (in the blog of Seav)
- About countering class guilt with white guilt in the blog of the oldest blogger in the Philippines
- The Historical Roots of the Tracy Borres Phenomenon (or, am I the only one who feels that Tracy Borres and the reaction of the Filipino blogosphere are extremely revealing of Filipino (or Manilenyo) society?) - an analysis of the reaction to the Aeta adventures of Tracy Borres in the blog of the premier evangelist of atheism in the Philippines