Template:Db has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. DES (talk) 14:59, 23 February 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for letting me know. —Pathoschild 15:06, 23 February 2014 (UTC)
Archiving Wikipedia talk:Open proxies
Sorry about bringing something up from seven years ago, but I noticed that you archived this page on August 5, 2007 simply by deleting almost all the threads, and then adding a link to the historical page. I would just like to let you know that this has been fixed and the material has been properly archived. -- Kndimov (talk) 23:30, 27 March 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Kndimov. Thanks for updating the archive. Permalink archival was pretty standard at the time, but subpage archival is more common now. :) —Pathoschild 03:23, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
Hello. You have a new message at Gracefool's talk page.
I just wanted to touch base with you about the above. At present, none of the script buttons work. I am thinking of adopting the usual approach of breaking out a button for each function to test where the failure is occurring, but I am unsure as to how I would even go about doing that. Any advice or assistance would be appreciated. regards, --¡digame! 09:50, 29 April 2015 (UTC)
History merge in your userspace
Hello, I've history-merged a page in your userspace, User:Pathoschild/Projects/User warnings, with . I discovered that it needed a history merge while doing a Wikipedia database query to find the redirects with the most revisions. Hope you don't mind. Graham87 12:18, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- That's fine; thanks for tidying up. —Pathoschild 13:21, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
Collaboration essay nutshell
Hey Pathoschild. I just added a nutshell to your essay. It's a quick fix and needs improvement. You may wish to tweak the nutshell (and incorporate those ideas into the essay).
Newer editors need to learn how collaborative editing works. When an edit is rejected, follow WP:BRD and start a discussion, without attacking other editors. Assume good faith and seek a consensus. The best content is developed when editors who hold opposing POV come to the same table and bring their best evidence (RS). Each will be familiar with sources unknown to the other, so that way all significant POV will be represented and included. Also, learn from more experienced editors.
Here's some advice I just gave a combative editor:
- ".... Your comment is pointy and violates our talk page guidelines (TPG). Focus on content, stop attacking other editors, and stop all the bitching because you don't instantly get your way. If you can't learn to collaborate pleasantly with editors who hold opposing POV, you'll have a short career here.
- " You're a newbie here and really need to start learning from more experienced editors. Stop seeing them as enemies. Disagreement is okay, but don't make it personal, force yourself to always assume good faith, and don't alienate others. Your reputation is your best, and often only, currency here. Many an editor with great potential and knowledge has been blocked/banned because they couldn't collaborate (I have helped to blocked Nobel Prize winners who just couldn't figure out how to work here. It's tragic when that has to occur.). So, learn the ropes and you may well survive to be a good editor who gains a good reputation."
- Hi BullRangifer. Thanks for the edit and suggestions. I'm no longer active in essay-writing, but you're welcome to contribute to it. :) —Pathoschild 02:14, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:01, 23 November 2015 (UTC)