Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page refers to the Wikipedia editor and administrator. For the sword, please see scimitar. This editor now rarely works on Wikipedia, due to other more permanent writing responsibilities.
- The historian should be fearless and incorruptible; a man of independence, loving frankness and truth; one who, as the poet says, calls a fig a fig and a spade a spade. He should yield to neither hatred nor affection, but should be unsparing and unpitying. He should be neither shy nor deprecating, but an impartial judge, giving each side all it deserves but no more. He should know in his writings no country and no city; he should bow to no authority and acknowledge no king. He should never consider what this or that man will think, but should state the facts as they really occurred. -- Lucian
- User name: Scimitar
- Real name: Jonathan
- Location: North-eastern British Columbia
- Responsibilities: Administrator, editor
- Registered: May 5, 2005
- Date of adminship: September 1, 2005
- User page vandalized: 43 times
- Deletionist/inclusionist: Neither
- Wikipedia:AFD 100 days - Shows my (among others) deletion record statistically
- High school graduate (99th percentile)
- First-year engineering
- Second-year industrial instrumentation
- Areas of special knowledge/interest: Canadian history, ice hockey (particularly the Edmonton Oilers), and Canadian politics. I also have extensive general knowledge in science, religion and history, as well as job-related knowledge in the energy sector.