This is the user sandbox of Webbyfoot. A user sandbox is a subpage of the user's user page. It serves as a testing spot and page development space for the user and is not an encyclopedia article. Create or edit your own sandbox here.
Writing an article and ready to request its creation?
|Known for||Director of short films , music videos, screenwriting.|
Dominic Hailstone (born London, 1973) is an English film director, screenwriter and digital artist, best known for achieving CGI like animation using practical effects as illustrated in his short film The Eel and music video for Isis "Holy Tears".
After leaving school at age 17, Hailstone worked for the special fx industry on films like Interview with the Vampire, Harry Potter and Chris Cunningham’s Come to Daddy music video. During this early period he also co-directed a 17 min short film with Barney Clay called Deadenhead (1990).
Hailstone’s first solo film was Logboy Goes Walkies which won the Channel 4 / Tango Digitalent Award in 2001. Since then he has worked on short films and music videos including notably The Eel, distributed by ONEDOTZERO and screened internationally, ISIS 'Holy Tears' music video, and MOGWAI’s ‘Batcat’.
During this period he also produced ’92’ a work commissioned by the Hayward Gallery to promote the exhibition “Undercover Surrealism” surrounding the work of Georges Bataille. The work features music by dark/ambient musician Lustmord.
Hailstone provided the cover artwork for Necro Death Mort’s first two albums “This Beat is Necrotronic” and “Fear of a Bleak Planet”.
Feature Film Work
He is currently at work on a feature film called “The Man Everyone Hated” produced by Matthew Russell.
- “Deadenhead” (1990) short film (co-directed with Barney Clay).
- “Logboy goes Walkies” (2001) short film
- “Cherrywood Eyes” (2001) video for Lorien
- “Crooked Hill” (2002) video for Sonic Torpedoes
- "Transmission” (2003) video for Violent Delight
- "The Eel” (2004) short film
- "Paularay” (2005) video
- “Belladonna” (2006) video for onedotzero.
- “’92” (2006) video
- “Holy Tears” (2007) video for Isis
- “Batcat” (2009) video for Mogwai
- “Flowers” (2011) video work for Lustmord.
- Webbyfoot/sandbox on IMDb
- http://vimeo.com/2089565 'The Eel' on Vimeo
- http://vimeo.com/2089424 Isis 'Holy Tears' video on Vimeo
- http://vimeo.com/19721273 Lustmord 'Flowers' video on Vimeo
- http://www.myspace.com/necrodeathmorthttp://ticketing.southbankcentre.co.uk/minisites/docs2/undercover/exhibition.html Heyward Gallery's Undercover Surrealism minisite
- http://www.myspace.com/dominichailstone Dominic Hailstone's MySpace page
- http://www.myspace.com/necrodeathmort Necro Death Mort's MySpace page