User:Wrestlinglover/Victory Road (2007)
|Victory Road (2007)|
|[[File::Victory Road 07.jpg|frameless]]|
|Promotion||Total Nonstop Action Wrestling|
|Date||July 15, 2007|
|Venue||TNA Impact! Zone|
|Victory Road chronology|
Victory Road (2007) was a professional wrestling pay-per-view event produced by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA), which took place on July 15, 2007 at the TNA Impact! Zone in Orlando, Florida. It was the third event under the Victory Road chronology. Eight professional wrestling matches were featured on the event's card.
The event featured seven professional wrestling matches that involved different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds, plots, and storylines. Wrestlers were portrayed as either villains or heroes in the scripted events that built tension and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.
Main event matches
- Dark match: Serotonin (Havok and Martyr) defeated Akira Raijin and Gote (4:20)
- Martyr pinned Raijin.
- Christopher Daniels won a Ultimate X Gauntlet match (18:48)
- Daniels grabbed the "X" with the help of Skipper and Senshi to become number one contender to the TNA X Division Championship.
- The match also involved: Jay Lethal, Puma, Homicide, Sonjay Dutt, Petey Williams, Shark Boy, Elix Skipper, Kaz and Senshi.
- The match started out as a Gauntlet, but became a standard Ultimate X match once all ten wrestlers were in the ring.
- The Voodoo Kin Mafia (B.G. James and Kip James) (with Roxxi Laveaux) defeated Basham and Damaja (with Christy Hemme and Lance Hoyt) (7:03)
- Kip pinned Damaja after B.G. hit Damaja with a steel chair.
- James Storm defeated Rhino (10:26)
- The Motor City Machineguns (Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley) (with Kevin Nash) defeated Jerry Lynn and Bob Backlund (8:44)
- Eric Young and Gail Kim defeated Robert Roode and Ms. Brooks (8:17)
- Kim pinned Brooks after Roode inadvertently hit her with an elbow drop.
- Christian Cage defeated Chris Harris (13:58)
- Sting and Abyss defeated A.J. Styles and Tomko (15:33)
- Abyss pinned Tomko after a Black Hole Slam.
- TNA World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle and TNA X Division Champion Samoa Joe defeated TNA World Tag Team Champions Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother Devon) (18:25)
- Joe pinned Ray after Scott Steiner hit Ray with a steel pipe and Kurt hit an Olympic slam.
- Per the pre-match stipulation, Joe won the Tag Team Championship and was allowed to pick his partner.
- Angle's World Heavyweight Championship and Joe's X Division Championship were also on the line.
- During the match, The Steiner Brothers interfered and attacked Team 3D.
- (2005). Genesis [DVD]. Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.
- (2005). Turning Point [DVD]. Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.